Time to Make More!

Homemade laundry detergent? I haven’t made any in about 8 months now. I haven’t needed to! Thanks to the combination of coupons and a sale, I had  stockpiled. But, with a large family, it can’t be helped; it was all used up.

So, I made more homemade laundry detergent. I actually had forgotten how quick and easy it is to make. And, oh yes, it cleans clothes wonderfully. The problem now is, everyone is accustomed to filling the bottle top, used to measure the liquid detergent, half-full. But, with the homemade laundry detergent it really only takes 2 tablespoons of the powder! So, I used a marker to mark a fill line on the scoop. It makes it easier on the children, and me!

You can see the yellow shreds of bar soap. I used Dial for this recipe but have also used Safeguard – whatever soap I have gotten a “deal” on, is what I use. I really think  any soap would work. It is a great inexpensive way to get scent-free detergent; just use scent-free soap.

If you are looking for an inexpensive alternative to laundry detergent, give this homemade laundry detergent recipe a try.

Related posts:

join the newsletter
Sign-up and get my 20 Must Have Superfoods eBook FREE!

Comments

1. says

Thanks for stopping by my blog last Friday for Friday Follow….I am so late in visiting my new followers this week…both kids have been sick…but here I am now:) Thanks for the follow:)

2. says

Hey! Wow that is a great way to go about living frugally! i had NO IDEA anyone would even THINK of trying that! in fact, i don’t think i ever thought of what people did to wash their clothes in the no-detergent era- YOU AMAZE ME! Very cool!

3. says

Happy Friday Follow. I just sent my dad your recipe for homemade laundry detergent I will let you know what he thinks.

BTW I visit your blog everyday to see which blogs have giveaway McLinky’s thank you for all of the Links.

4. SShirey says

Hi Dina-Marie,
    The other week I was almost out of laundry detergent and happened to have ingredients on hand for making a homemade batch – well, it worked great! Now since for my first batch I had borax from the states, I need to search for a substitute. The detergent really works great and the clothes smell clean and fresh using just a small amount! Thanks for sharing your findings and experience!

5. says

Oh, I like this idea. I have a question do you add some fragance or something like that to the recipe.

Have a wonderful weekend.

6. says

Wow! I didn’t even know you could do that! I may have to try that! I do so much laundry, that would definitely help on expenses. Now, I don’t do nearly as much as you do…next give us tips on how you keep up with it, lol!
    I am following back from Friday Follow!

7. says

Hi ya! Happy Friday Follow. Following you. Well, that looks quite interesting, but with sensitive skin in this house I couldn’t think of doing that. Have a great day and a wonderful weekend. Nice to meet you.

8. says

This sounds great!
    Thanks for sharing!!!

Blessings & Aloha!
    (if you get a chance, I’d love for you to take a peek at my latest post. I was impressed (If I do say so,myself :o) with our son’s creative video invite for the TOMS shoes event that he organized at his university last weekend.)

Trackbacks