I am amazed that we are already in the last week of August! For us, August is typically a busy month. Besides sampling the grapes twice per week and checking the brix and pH, we have birthdays (mine, 2 sons, a grandson) and our anniversary (28 yrs!). This year we have had the added excitement of buying our own grape harvester. John and the boys made a trip to California last week to check it out. It should arrive here in West Texas by the end of the week, just in time for our first harvest! I’ll post pictures as soon as it arrives.
Head over to Cheeseslave where we were featured on the “Real Food Kitchen Tour” over at the Cheeseslave and “Home on the Range” at the Real Food Forager – what an honor! And, I hosted a giveaway for “The Nourished Baby E-Book“, which by the way, you can still purchase for a 20% discount using the code SUPERMAMA through Aug. 31.
I posted these updates on Facebook so, if you have not yet connected with Dimes2Vines on Facebook, do it now and stay up to date! Along with these updates, I also periodically link to interesting articles and mouth-watering recipes. Come join the fun!
Elsewhere, my favorite things in August include:
Articles this month:
- Cheeseslave discusses Sprouted Bread
- Fearless Eating shares help through a traditional diet with autoimmune diseases
- Steps to turn any recipe into real food recipes by Butter Believer
- Mindy at Too Many Jars shares about equipping a real food kitchen
- “Can shopping change the world?” from Small Foot Print Family
- Eat your tummy healers from Kid Appeal
Recipes this month:
- Berry Cobbler from Thanks Your Body
- Kiwi Fruit Leather from Gutsy
- Kale and White Bean Soup from Jenny at Nourished Kitchen
- Easy Breakfast Frittata from Grass Fed Girl
- Homemade Lotion from Emily at Holistic Kid
- Yellow butter cake from Our Nourishing Roots
Photo Credit © Depositphotos.com/trans961