In the following, I have linked to products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend.
We have chocolate addicts around here. And, it does not have to be healthy chocolate for some of them!
Being on the GAPS Diet for the fourth week as a family, the feeling of deprivation by all has me seeking new recipes with honey. The following recipe for raw chocolate pudding appeared on the Nourishing Gourmet as a guest post by Kristin Jukes.
Putting my own twist on the healthy chocolate pudding (based on a dessert pudding from our time spent in Switzerland), it has quickly become a family favorite. For our family of nine, I quadruple the healthy raw chocolate pudding recipe ingredients and process it in batches in the food processor. If our older children are visiting, well, let’s just say I make even more – we have hearty eaters around here!
As my 16 year old daughter put it, “it is hard to believe something that good is really healthy!” – It had everyone asking for more!
- 2 avocados, peeled and scooped
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 3 tablespoons espresso (if leaving off coffee, use 3 Tbsp water)
- ⅓ cup raw cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (make your own!)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cream (omit if you are leaving off dairy)
I buy all my real salt and spices from my affiliate partner Mountain Rose Herbs because of their superior quality. Their herbs & spices are organic, non-irradiated plus, I think they are more aromatic and full flavored than any others.
- Combine all ingredients, except the cream, in the food processor and puree until everything is combined and smooth. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes just to chill it.
- When ready to serve, whip the cream and fold into the pudding.
- Serve and enjoy!