I think I say it every month, but this month has flown by!
While we have been busy pruning, we have also taken time to care for the wine from our last harvest and even the cows enjoyed tasting the leas from it. John and the boys spent 3 days in El Paso helping our second oldest son and daughter-in-law lay oak flooring in their new house. This left the girls and I to enjoy some girl time of shopping and chick-flicks!
This month …
We have had a new addition to our family with Snowball, a great Pyrenees, who has quickly learned where her territory is to protect against coyotes!
Coconut Oil Chocolate Treats have become an enjoyable part of my life, after all, it is a healthy way to include coconut oil in my diet!
I was also able to preview Kristen Michaelis’s new book Beautiful Babies: Nutrition for Fertility, Pregnancy, Breast-feeding and Baby’s First Foods which I am really excited about!
**Don’t forget about the pre-order special is available through March 18th – you receive FREE enrollment to Kristen’s Beautiful Babies Online Nutrition Course ($199 value) — when you pre-order her new book which is only $15.51! Click Here for more details.
I was privileged to guest post this month at my friend, Robin’s blog, Thank Your Body with my Lentil Soup – Middle Eastern Style recipe and also at Lindsey’s blog, Homemade Mommy, with Mexican White Bean Soup.
Elsewhere around the blogosphere …
- Being on GAPS, I am always on the look-out for a sweet treat that I can enjoy like these flourless brownie, grain free coconut cookies (I can substitute honey for the raw sugar) and grain free banana bread recipe. Because of my own healing which is still in progress, I am convinced that GAPS is better than gluten free!
- As you know, if you are part of my Facebook family, I love healthy DIY replacements for what would typically be store-bought and filled with chemicals and preservatives. Here are a couple for your kitchen - dish detergent for your dishwasher and homemade dish soap. And don’t forget about your body – coconut oil deodorant and face and body cream. Not convinced that natural products are important – read hormone disrupting chemicals in your skincare. **If making your own products is not your thing, here are cleaning products and personal care products that are non-toxic and organic.
- While I have yet to try it, here is a great video on how to grow your own mushrooms at home.
- I have only made beef liver pate but after seeing this recipe for chicken liver pate, I think I will give it a try!
- A couple of articles on sugar caught my eye – the first on sugar addiction and how to tell if you are addicted and the second on sugar replacement and how to get off the stuff!
- Being on the GAPS diet, I have learned the importance of fermented foods for the health of my gut. Recipe like yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, kombucha and fermented carrots are a regular part of our meals. But, lacto-fermented orange juice would add some variety and be another probiotic drink. If you are not sure what lacto-fermented means, click here.
- Other recipes include shakshuka which I had never heard of and a cute summary of other egg recipes.
- Do you think cholesterol causes heart disease? Think again!
That about wraps it up for this month – hope you had a great one!
Photo Credit © Depositphotos.com/megastorm