We just harvested our second picking of peas from the garden and they are delicious!
While this recipe works great with frozen peas and even dried ones, it is especially good with fresh-from-the-garden peas.
To make the recipe GAPS legal, substitute white or navy beans.
With the summer heat upon us (100F +), it is a cool and easy lunch!
In the following recipe, I have linked to products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend.
- 6 c. peas - use white or navy beans for GAPS legal
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ c. raw apple cider vinegar - I use Bragg's
- ½ c. olive oil
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp sage
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
I buy all my real salt and spices from my affiliate partner Mountains Rose Herbs because of their superior quality. Their herbs & spices are organic, non-irradiated plus, I think they are more aromatic and full flavored than any others.
- Cook the peas until tender. If using dried peas, soak in water to cover with 2 Tbsp whey, kefir or lemon juice the night before. Then, drain, rinse, cover with water and boil until tender. If you are using fresh peas, there is no need to soak them beforehand.
- While the peas are cooking, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Once the peas are cooked, add the chopped onion and allow to cool.
- Toss the peas with the dressing.
- Serve and Enjoy!