Carrot Celery Juice is a delicious combo your whole family will enjoy. Carrot juice recipes offer endless variations but all are packed with nutrition!
I have a confession – I am not a celery eater! Oh, if you fill the ridge with peanut butter and put raisins on top – you know, Ants on a Log, I can choke it down.
But, even I like this raw juice recipe with all the benefits of carrot celery juice that comes with each glass.
Why Drink Juice?
The main benefit of drinking freshly prepared juice is that the fiber is removed. This makes it easier for your body to absorb the nutrients from the juice.
Think of each glass of fresh juice as a concentrated nutritional punch.
Fresh juice is a concentrated source of nutrients while being low in calories and fat. This makes drinking fresh juices a great way to help lose any unwanted pounds.
Benefits of Carrot Celery Juice
The benefits of Carrot Celery Juice come straight from the ingredients used in the recipe. You can find out more about the health benefits of carrots on my Carrot Juice Recipes page.
Some of the most notable benefits of carrot juice are that it is good for eye health, a good source of vitamin C (immunity boost), as well as, many other vitamins and enzymes, helps with cancer prevention and many others.
The Benefits of Celery are also impressive. Like carrots, celery is packed with nutrition and low in calories. (1)
- vitamins A, K, and C
- beta carotene
Besides being packed with nutrients, celery also has the following beneficial affects. It can help:
- Lower blood pressure – Celery contains a phytochemical that relaxes the tissues of the artery walls which causes increased blood flow and thus decreasing blood pressure. (2)
- Prevent chronic disease because of its flavonoids and their antioxidant activity. (3)
- Reduce inflammation in the body because of its flavonoids. (4)
Suggested Carrot Celery Juice Variation
I won’t name names, but some members of my family love spicy foods and the spicier the better! Not me, baby, I’m a wimp when it comes to spicy foods.
But, for those spicy food lovers, here are my most popular variations:
- Add 1/4 jalapeño or more if desired. Juice seeds as well if you are truly a hot and spicy person!
- Add 1/2 – 1 inch piece of ginger and juice
- Substitute 1/2 lime for the lemon
- Add 1/2 cucumber and juice
If you’ve tried this Carrot Celery Juice or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER.
Carrot Celery Juice
- 5 carrots
- 1 apple
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 lemon
- Wash and prepare all ingredients.
- Process fruits and vegetables through the juicer catching the juice.
- Wash and prepare all ingredients cutting into large chunks.
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend well on high.
- Position a muslin cloth or a nut milk bag over a container to catch the juice.
- Pour blender contents into cloth or bag and squeeze out as much juice as possible catching it in the container.
What is Your Favorite Fruit or Vegetable to Add to Carrot Juice?