I received an email from Jim, a reader who had purchased a Bosch Universal Plus. He had questions about my Whole Wheat Bread Recipe. He asked what type of yeast I use and where I purchase dough enhancer. I thought these questions might be of interest to others.
The most economical place in our area to purchase yeast is Sam’s Club. It is the Fleischmann’s Instant Yeast and costs $4.68 for 2 – 16oz bags. Once opened, I transfer the yeast from the bag to an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator. It lasts for a long time!
While you may purchase dough enhancer, the most economical is the following homemade recipe:
I buy all my herbs, spices and real salt from Wilderness Family Naturals because they are organic, natural and excellent quality.
This enhancer helps soften whole wheat doughs.
- 3/4 c. lecithin powder or granules
- 3 Tbsp. pure vitamin C powder
- 2 Tbsp. ground ginger
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch organic
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container.
- Use 1 Tbsp. of dough enhancer for a 4 loaf recipe. Adjust the amount when making more or less loaves.
Makes approximately 3/4 cup.