Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a quick an easy meal for a weeknight but delicious enough for anytime. Whether you are looking for a light meal or a healthy snack these have you covered!
What makes these chicken lettuce wraps so special? First, you can make them as hot or as mild as you wish. I am a wimp when it comes to spicy foods. John, on the other hand is the hotter the better type. This recipe works for both!
Secondly, if you have time - and it DOES NOT take much - the homemade ranch dressing is the best ever. It really makes these chicken lettuce wraps pop. In a pinch though, the store bought works great.
I prefer the homemade ranch dressing because, not only does it taste better but, there are no unnecessary ingredients in it. It is just plain good and healthy!
To make this especially economical and healthy, cook your own whole chicken and then make chicken broth. See How to Make Chicken Broth which also shows you how to cook the chicken.
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps Step by Step
Cut precooked chicken into cubes. Photo 1
Dice carrots and celery to make ⅔ cup diced vegetables. Photo 2
Add chicken and vegetables to a bowl Photo 3
Add the ranch dressing, buffalo wing sauce and mix well. Photo 4 - 5
Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and garnish of cilantro. Photo 6
Tips for Making Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Cook a whole chicken in the crock pot overnight to make this especially budget friendly.
- A Rotisserie chicken may be used for a quick and easy meal.
- Store bought ranch dressing may be substituted for the homemade version.
If you’ve tried these CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER.
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 c chicken ,cubed (rotisserie chicken may be used)
- ⅓ c carrots ,diced or shredded
- ⅓ c celery
- ¼ c ranch
- 1 Tbsp buffalo sauce
- Romain lettuce leaves
- Garnish with cilantro
- Cut into cubes, 2 cups of precooked chicken.
- Dice carrots and celery stalks to make about ⅔ cup of diced vegetables.
- Put the chicken and vegetables in a bowl.
- Add the ranch dressing, buffalo wing sauce and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and top with a garnish of cilantro.
- Roll or serve as lettuce boats.