Who doesn't love a good ranch dressing? This has to be the Best Ever Homemade Ranch Dressing - Eeeevver! Plus, it is super quick to whip together - you're gonna love it!
My go-to salad dressing is ranch. BUT, have you ever read the back of a ranch salad dressing bottle? You cannot even pronounce many of the ingredients listed!
That is what makes this homemade ranch dressing so delish - there are NO unnecessary ingredients and no chemical additives that your body doesn't know what to do with!
Besides the fact that it takes, maybe, like only 4 - 5 minutes to whip up! You can't beat that.
Not to mention the delicious taste of creamy homemade goodness - seriously, you have to to try it!
Tips for Making Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Lemon juice or vinegar work well in this recipe.
- If a thinner consistency is desired, add more buttermilk.
Suggested Uses for Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Salad dressing
- Use in place of mayonnaise for added flavor in recipes
- As a dip for veggies, pizza, chips...
Homemade Ranch Dressing Step by Step
If you’ve tried this HOMEMADE RANCH DRESSING or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER.
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoon buttermilk or regular milk
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ salt
- ⅛ teaspoon finely cracked pepper
- 1 - 3 teaspoon lemon juice to taste fresh or vinegar may be used
Mix the mayo, sour cream, buttermilk and whisk together until smooth.
Add the spices and mix well.
Blend in the lemon juice (or vinegar) and whisk until smooth.
Store covered in the refrigerated.
Will keep for 1 - 2 weeks.
Makes about 1 ½ cups of dressing.
- Both lemon juice and white vinegar work well as an acid in this recipe.
- Add more buttermilk to achieve the right consistency.