Who doesn't love a good ranch dressing? This has to be the Best Ever Homemade Ranch Dressing - Eeeevver! Plus, it is super quick to whip together - you're gonna love it!
My go-to salad dressing is ranch. BUT, have you ever read the back of a ranch salad dressing bottle? You cannot even pronounce many of the ingredients listed!
That is what makes this homemade ranch dressing so delish - there are NO unnecessary ingredients and no chemical additives that your body doesn't know what to do with!
Besides the fact that it takes, maybe, like only 4 - 5 minutes to whip up! You can't beat that.
Not to mention the delicious taste of creamy homemade goodness - seriously, you have to to try it!
Tips for Making Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Lemon juice or vinegar work well in this recipe.
- If a thinner consistency is desired, add more buttermilk.
Suggested Uses for Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Salad dressing
- Use in place of mayonnaise for added flavor in recipes
- As a dip for veggies, pizza, chips...
Homemade Ranch Dressing Step by Step
If you’ve tried this HOMEMADE RANCH DRESSING or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER.
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 6 Tbsp buttermilk or regular milk
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ salt
- ⅛ teaspoon finely cracked pepper
- 1 - 3 tsp lemon juice to taste fresh or vinegar may be used
- Mix the mayo, sour cream, buttermilk and whisk together until smooth.
- Add the spices and mix well.
- Blend in the lemon juice (or vinegar) and whisk until smooth.
- Store covered in the refrigerated.
- Will keep for 1 - 2 weeks.
- Makes about 1 ½ cups of dressing.
- Both lemon juice and white vinegar work well as an acid in this recipe.
- Add more buttermilk to achieve the right consistency.