Get Rid of Breast Infections Naturally will give you one of the natural remedies to make your life easier and less painful. After all, why suffer through a painful breast infection if you don’t have to?
Breastfeeding your baby is definitely the healthiest way to feed them. Breastfeeding is joyful but a breast infection can be very painful.
It can make a lot of mamas feel like they’re not doing breastfeeding “right” or that it’s not meant for them.
This couldn’t be farther from the truth. You’re never broken if breastfeeding doesn’t always go perfect the first time. It just means maybe you have to do some more research to make sure it goes the best possible way for you.
Did you know that you can get rid of breast infections naturally?
Having ten children and breastfeeding each of them for a year, I know the joy and convenience breastfeeding brings. Besides helping me lose my baby weight after each child it also saved a lot of money!
With my first several breast infections, I called the doctor and was prescribed antibiotics. While there is certainly a place for antibiotics, they do take a day or two to work, can be expensive and can have side effects.
Once we moved to Switzerland, I was told how to get rid of breast infections naturally and never needed another antibiotic for them!
Truly, this is amazing. Relief happens with this natural solution within hours – it did for me!
If you are reading this, I probably don’t have to convince you of the benefits of breastfeeding. It contains many of the naturally occurring compounds that little ones need to be healthy during those first few months. There’s just nothing better for little ones during those first few months on earth than a mama’s milk.
However, if you are having a breast infection and want to get rid of breast infections naturally, chances are you need some encouragement to continue nursing through it.
The benefits are definitely worth thinking about!
Breastfeeding benefits to the baby:
- Increases the baby’s immunity because of the antibody content – colds and viruses are reduced.
- Long-term immunity is increased against chronic health conditions like type 1 diabetes and digestive problems
- Lowers SIDs risk
- Decreases the risk of cancer
- Does not contain the unnecessary ingredients of formula
- Sources: Parents.com, Women’s Health, WebMD,
Breastfeeding benefits to the mother:
- Helps you lose the weight gained during pregnancy
- Increased calorie burn – breastfeeding can burn as much as 500 calories a day
- Oxytocin is released during breastfeeding and it helps your uterus contract. This decreases blood loss after delivery and helps your uterus return to normal size more quickly postpartum.
- Less expensive than formula
- Sources: Parents.com, Women’s Health, WebMD,
What if breastfeeding is hard for me?
It’s perfectly normal to experience challenges with breastfeeding. It doesn’t mean that you’re broken as a woman, or not fit to be a mama. I’m here to help you overcome this problem, just like all the other mamas out there. You’re far from alone in this. There’s lots of mamas out there dealing with the same thing. Have faith!
What is a Breast Infection?
A breast infection or mastitis is an inflammation of the breast tissue. The breast has glands that carry the milk from the breast tissue to the nipple.
When a gland becomes clogged, bacteria can build up causing an infection. The most common bacteria causing a breast infection is staphylococcus aureus and second is streptococcus agalactiae.
Signs and Symptoms of a Breast Infection:
- Red streaks on the breast
- Body aches
Causes of Breast Infections:
- Bacteria (often from the baby’s mouth) enters the mammary gland through a crack in the nipple.
- Engorgement and incomplete emptying of the milk
- Hormonal changes can cause the milk ducts to become clogged allowing a build up of bacteria
- Stress and lack of sleep can decrease immunity
Get Rid of Breast Infections Naturally
To get rid of a breast infection naturally, drink 2 Tbsp. (I took more if I felt that I could) of apple cider vinegar in 8 oz of water every hour. You can warm the water and add honey for a more pleasant drink.
Drink as much as you can tolerate each hour until the symptoms subside.
Once I no longer had symptoms, I would taper off over three days. Drink it three times a day for a day and then two times a day for one day and the third day I would drink it once.
You can also use moist heat to help with the discomfort – warm rag, heating pad, hot shower. And breastfeed frequently.
When I first learned of this natural remedy, I did not know the benefits of raw apple cider. Raw apple cider contains the “mother” which has beneficial enzymes and probiotics. I just used store-bought, regular apple cider vinegar and it worked!
To get rid of breast infections naturally, you will experience faster relief if you begin treatment at the first signs of redness and tenderness. But, it worked for me even after beginning to run a fever!
Throughout my childbearing years, I seemed to be prone to breast infections. So, I took this natural remedy frequently – at the first sign of redness and tenderness. You have to get it right when it begins to have the best results.
In fact, it got to where I would shudder when opening the apple cider vinegar container. ;) But it worked, and I was very happy to be relieved regularly!
To naturally treat breast infections it is as easy as drinking apple cider vinegar! After finding this natural remedy, I never took antibiotics for a breast infection again – it really works!
Know When to See A Doctor
Natural solutions do work, but it is important to recognize when it is wise to see your doctor. There are other things that are important to remember:
- Get plenty of rest
- Nurse frequently
- Using warm damp compresses or heating pad may help with discomfort
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water
According to Aviva Romm, M.D., an herbalist, midwife and author of Botanical Medicine for Women’s Health,
Herbal treatment for mastitis consists of herbs to treat local inflammation and infection, and those to relieve systemic symptoms associated with fever such as myalgia and chills . . . Improvements are usually seen within 12 to 24 hours, and complete recovery usually occurs in 48 hours. Should symptoms worsen, abcesses form, or treatment not lead to adequate results within 72 hours, medical treatment should be sought.
- 2 Tbsp or more if tolerated apple cider vinegar (preferably raw but not necessary)
- 8 oz water heated if desired
- honey to taste optional
- Mix the apple cider vinegar and water together.
- Add honey if desired.
- Drink every hour until the symptoms subside.
- After symptoms subside, taper off by drinking 3 times per day, 2 times per day and finally one time for the last three days.
Raw apple cider vinegar is more beneficial because of the enzymes and probiotics it contains.Regular store-bought apple cider vinegar works too.
When the symptoms of an infection are gone, taper off the apple cider drink by taking 3 times a day then twice a day and finally once a day.
Have you tried a natural solution for breast infections? If so, what has worked for you?