This is the best Cranberry Sauce Recipe I have ever tried. And, since it is an Instant Pot recipe that means that is is super quick to make!
I rarely make a cranberry sauce recipe that uses fresh cranberries. The reason? Simple. It takes too long.
Let's face it, during the holidays, there is a lot of family around and I'm in the kitchen so much already! I just don't want to add time to meal prep.
Enter my Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce recipe! It only takes 3 minutes to cook! Hard to believe, right?
But, you did read that right - 3 minutes. The prep time takes longer than that and all you are doing is putting ingredients into your Instant Pot!
Its easy peasy and this mamma loves EASY!
And, that, girls, is why I am sold on an Instant Pot and think eevvveeery kitchen needs one. Not only do I love easy, but I love saving time and that is what an Instant Pot does - saves me time!
With my large family, I have the 8 qt Instant Pot. While you may not feel like you need the extra size, it would be nice to make a big batch of something and have leftovers! I can cook as little as 1 cup of rice in it.
Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce Recipe Step by Step
All you do is place all the ingredients into the Instant Pot (cranberries, orange peel, orange juice, water, honey), close and seal and cook on Manual for 3 minutes. Allow to slow release and enjoy!
5 Cranberry Sauce Recipe Variations
- Apricot Cranberry Sauce - Add ½ cup apricots (dried or fresh, chopped), ¼ inch piece of ginger, 1 cinnamon stick and 2 teaspoon red wine vinegar to the cranberry sauce recipe below.
- Cranberry Sauce with Pecans - for candied pecans first toss 1 cup pecans with ¼ cup brown sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon salt, 4 tablespoon butter. Spread on parchment paper lined baking sheet and roast at 350F for 10 mins. Add to cranberry sauce recipe below.
- Ginger Pear Cranberry Sauce - Add 2 pears (peeled and chopped) and 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger to the following cranberry sauce recipe.
- Apple Cranberry Sauce - Add 3 apples, peeled and chopped (Gala work well or Granny Smith for a bit of tartness) and 1 tablespoon lemon juice to the following recipe.
- Red Wine Cranberry Sauce - substitute red wine for the water in the following recipe.
If you’ve tried this CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate it and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER.
Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- ½ orange grated for orange peel
- ⅔ cup water
- ⅓ cup orange juice fresh squeezed
- ½-2/3 cup honey
Place all ingredients in instant pot and close steam valve.
Cook on "Manual" (high) for 3 minutes.
Slow release steam, stir and enjoy.
Keeps refrigerated 10 - 14 days.
What is your favorite way to enjoy cranberry sauce? Leave a comment, I would love to know!