Did you know that it is possible to make a peach jam recipe in the Instant Pot? It is with this Vanilla Peach Jam recipe! Using fresh, frozen or canned peaches, in a matter of minutes, you have peach jam ready to enjoy!
I’m sure by now you know what an Instant Pot is but just in case, let me laud it’s praises for a minute. The Instant pot is an multi-functional kitchen appliance that saves time and energy.
Think pressure cooker, crock pot, yogurt maker and oh, so much more all in one!
For our large family, I have the 8 qt Instant Pot but, I can also cook as little as 1 cup of rice in it! With it, you can not only make this recipe but also other fruit jams like Strawberry Jam and Instant Pot Pumpkin Butter.
Vanilla Peach Jam Recipe
Now, that I have convinced you (if you don’t already have one), go get an Instant Pot so you can make not only this Vanilla Peach Jam recipe but so many other recipes:
As with most Instant Pot recipes, you just add all the ingredients to the Instant Pot, put the lid on, seal it and set it to cook. This recipe cooks for 3 mins!
Allowing the steam to naturally release will take about 20 mins but that is hands-free time – your presence is not required!
This recipe is super easy and quick to make. You can use fresh, frozen or canned peaches.
Tips for Making this Peach Jam Recipe
- Fresh, canned or frozen peaches can be used.
- For canned peaches: Use 2 cans, 1/2 c. honey and follow the recipe below.
- While this recipe calls for pectin, you can substitute 3 Tbsp cornstarch mixed with 3 Tbsp water and add it after cooking the peaches. Remove the lid, add cornstarch and press “saute” and bring to a boil for 3 mins. allowing it to thicken.
- For sweeter jam, add 1/2 cup honey.
Ways to Use Peach Jam
While you can eat peach jam right out of the jar, there are other delicious ways to use it – here are a few suggestions to get your creative juices flowing:
- Use for making your own fruit flavored yogurt – See How to Make Yogurt
- On toast or bread
- Top Brie cheese or a block of creamed cheese and serve with crackers.
- Topping for cake – It is delicious on Sour Cream Cheesecake.
- Use when cooking pork loin as a delicious topping – Oven Roasted Pork Loin.
How Do You Peel Peaches for Jam?
If using fresh peaches, it is best to peel them before using for peach jam although, you do not have to – I just prefer it!
To peel, there are 2 methods that can be used:
- Use a knife to peel the skin.
- Place peached in a large pot of boiling water for about 20 seconds. The skins will split. Remove with a slotted spoon. Use a knife to pull the skin off.
If you’ve tried this PEACH JAM RECIPE or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate it and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER.
Peach jam has never been so easy OR versatile - you can use fresh, frozen or canned peaches!
- 4 peaches see notes for using canned
- 1 box fruit pectin I used low sugar pectin
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or one vanilla bean split down the middle and seeds removed
- ¼ cup honey You can add up to ½ cup if you want it to be sweeter
- ½ tsp cinnamon optional
Peel, cut, and mash peaches and place into Instant Pot.
- Add in remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Place lid on the instant pot and make sure the valve is set to “Seal”
Press "Manual" (high) and cook for 3 minutes
Allow the pot to naturally release the steam.
When you can remove the lid, stir the mixture and place into sterilized mason jars.
If not using immediately, water bath for 10 mins.
For canned peaches - Use 2 cans, 1/2 c. honey and follow instructions.
What Do You Use Peach Jam With – Toast, Bread…?
Leave a comment, I would love to know!