A homemade vinaigrette dressing made with raisins and healthy olive oil. A delicious, flavorful dressing that’s great with salads and grilled meats. Made with simple everyday ingredients it couldn’t be easier.
If you remember, I visited my mother in Georgia recently, spending 10 days with her and my sister. While there, we had dinner with one of my nieces who served a delicious salad with a vinaigrette dressing. The raspberry vinaigrette was the highlight of the salad!
After returning home, I decided to recreate the salad complete with a vinaigrette dressing as part of a meal. The salad, Toasted Pecan, Feta and Raisin Salad, was easy enough to recreate and with the addition of toasted nuts, it was delicious!
But, the vinaigrette was a different story. While shopping for ingredients for the salad, I had a bottle of raspberry vinaigrette dressing in my hand, reading the ingredients list. As much as it pained me, I could not purchase it knowing all the unnecessary ingredients not to mention the unhealthy ones!
How This Easy Vinaigrette Dressing Was Created
I found recipes for raspberry vinaigrette using raspberry oil which is available in specialty stores. But, I tend to shy away from recipes in which I must purchase special ingredients to use only for that recipe but, of course, there are exceptions!
So, I resigned myself to serving the salad with a plain vinaigrette dressing. But my mind was plagued with the complementary flavors of that dressing – I really thought it made the salad.
One afternoon while preparing for the next day’s meals, I had the idea of using raisins to make a Raisin Vinaigrette dressing. After all, I always have raisins on hand so there would be no unusual or exotic ingredients to purchase.
I began experimenting. First I microwaved the raisins in vinegar until boiling and then allowed them to cool. Then came the other ingredients and voila – a delicious Raisin vinaigrette dressing.
In the Making Homemade Salad Dressing Video, I shared a quote that inspired me to begin making my own homemade salad dressing – “every home should have its own house salad dressing just like fine restaurants”. Raisin Vinaigrette dressing is my new house salad dressing, especially when I serve Toasted Pecan, Feta and Raisin Salad!
Tips for Making Vinaigrette Dressing:
- This Vinaigrette Dressing uses good-for-you olive oil, and is sweetened with honey. Raw sugar or Sucanat could also be used but honey not only gives a balance of flavor but if you use raw honey, you are also getting the beneficial enzymes. It is definitely a salad dressing recipe I will keep on hand!
- For the Raisin Vinaigrette Salad Dressing, other salad dressings and mayonnaise, I have found the immersion blender purchased from my affiliate partner to be invaluable – Bamix Gastro Professional. A blender or food processor also works but I use the immersion blender for all of them now – the clean-up is just so quick and easy!
If you’ve tried this Raisin Vinaigrette Dressing or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER.
I love making my own salad dressings so I know exactly what ingredients are in them.
- 3/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. raisins
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 c. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 6 Tbsp water
- Combine in microwavable boil the red wine vinegar, raisins, salt and pepper.
- Microwave covered for 2 minutes.
Remove from microwave and allow to cool.
- In a small boiler, combine the red wine vinegar, raisins, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
Remove from heat, cover and allow to cool.
Blend with an immersion blender, blender or food processor. I use an immersion blender purchased from my affiliate partner: Bamix Gastro Professional
- Add olive oil and honey and blend until smooth.
- Add water one tablespoon at a time and thin to desired consistency - I used all 6 Tbsp.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Pour desired amount over salad and toss.
- Toasted Pecan, Feta and Raisin Salad is delicious with this dressing!
- Serve and Enjoy!
How To Make Vinaigrette Dressing Healthier
- This Vinaigrette Dressing uses good-for-you olive oil, and is sweetened with honey. Raw sugar or Sucanat could also be used.
- Using an immersion blender for Vinaigrette Dressing, other salad dressings and mayonnaise works very well. But, a blender or food processor also works well.