Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie is one of those easy crockpot meals that can be served as a one dish meal or simply add a salad and dinner is on the table. It just can't get much easier than this and the taste is delicious!
I am totally sold on crockpot cooking. You just can't beat it for ease, convenience and delicious taste.
I mean really, most of the time, all you do is add the ingredients, cook it and while it is cooking, go about your business. Who doesn't love hands-free cooking?
How to Make Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie More Budget Friendly
You will see that my Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie recipe calls for chicken breasts. I am able to purchase chicken breast for about $1.oo/lb.
However, if you want to make this recipe even more budget friendly, you can also use drumsticks or thighs.
It really does not matter what type of chicken is used because you will be taking it off the bone anyway.
Why Use Chicken Breasts?
Since I buy boneless chicken breast on sale, I do not have to worry about any bones, I simply shred the chicken and continue with the recipe.
Also, using this recipe, chicken breast which can often be dry, is slow cooked and is nice and moist.
Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie Step by Step
This Chickenpot Pie recipe is like many easy crockpot meals - you just put the ingredients in the crockpot and let it cook!
Because the chicken should be shredded and the mixed veggies added toward the end of cooking, for many, the 8 hour cooking time on low is more convenient.
- First of all, place the chicken breasts, onion, spices, chicken broth and soup into the crockpot. Do Not add the mixed veggies - you will do that later. Photo 1
- Cover and cook - low for 8 hrs or high for 4 hrs.
- 30 mins before cooking time is finished, take the chicken breasts out and shred the meat using two forks and return the shredded meat to the crockpot. Add the mixed veggies - cook for the remaining 30 mins. Photo 2
- Bake the biscuits of your choice, according to your recipe. Photo 3
- Serve the Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie in a bowl topped with a biscuit. Photo 4
What Biscuits Should I Use?
Because I like to get rid of unnecessary ingredients, I like to make my own biscuits. As a matter of convenience, I often use my Homemade Bisquick recipe.
Since it is easy to mix up ahead of time, it is ready to go and all that has to be done is to add milk to the mix and bake.
However, canned biscuits or another biscuit recipe of your choice can also be used.
Remember, this is an easy crock pot meal!
Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie Serving Suggestions
I have found the best way to serve this Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie is in a bowl. And, I like to serve the biscuit on the side.
But, you can also put the biscuit in the bowl and cover it with the Chickenpot Pie.
Either way you do it, be sure to try breaking the biscuit up in the bowl and let it sop (that's southern for "soak") up some of the gravy - it is delicious!
If you’ve tried this Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER.
Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie
- Place chicken breasts in the crock pot.
- Add the onion, spices, chicken broth and soup on top. Do not add the mixed vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Thirty minutes before the cooking time is finished, remove the chicken breasts and shred the meat using two forks.
- Return the shredded meat to the crock pot. Add the mixed vegetables and cook for the remaining 30 mins.
- Bake biscuits according to your recipe and serve on top of each bowl of Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie.
- Homemade Bisquick is easy to mix ahead of time and have ready to add milk and bake.
- Canned Biscuits can be used.
What Type of Biscuits Do You Use or Do You Make Your Own?