These Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes are moist and delicious, especially when covered with a creamy buttercream frosting. It’ss a grain-free and gluten-free recipe!
Absolutely not! In fact, anyone can and will enjoy this! The fact that paleo recipes often qualify for the GAPS diet also makes baking on GAPS easier.
The replacements I like to use for regular flour (that has gluten) is coconut flour and nut flour. My preference for these grain-free chocolate cupcakes is coconut flour.
This recipe does taste better and lighter when using coconut flour rather than almond flour.
While this grain-free recipe strictly follows the GAPS diet, based on your health needs, you can substitute some of the ingredients.
For instance, if you’re in a low-carb or keto diet, you can substitute your choice of sweetener for the honey such as monk fruit sweetener. I used raw honey because it has beneficial enzymes that help support the immune system.
Butter can also be substituted for olive oil or coconut oil.
It takes 10 mins to prep the ingredients and 20 minutes to cook. If you follow the ingredients I used in this recipe, it will make 12 cupcakes.
Want Fluffy Buttercream Frosting? Do not soften the butter in a microwave. Instead, soften at room temperature.
Taking it out from the fridge ahead of time to place in room temperature will soften it slowly without melting it. Incorporate more air by whipping for a long time until you notice a lighten change in color and texture.
You can make this cupcake ahead of time and store at room temp or in the fridge. The buttercream frosting will stay “in shape” better in the fridge. If you are not eating immediately, hold off from adding frosting to the cake.
In the case that you have leftover and cakes have been frosted, put in an airtight container and refrigerate. This should last for 1 or 2 days.
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and YouTube.
Moist and delicious, especially when covered with a creamy buttercream frosting, these are sure to be a hit. Plus they are a GAPS, paleo, grain-free and gluten-free recipe!
- 1/2 c. coconut flour
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 1 c. raw honey
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1 cup butter softened (2 sticks)
- 2/3 cup honey
- 4 Tbsp cocoa unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat or in microwave
- Mix eggs, honey and melted butter together.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until smooth without clumps (coconut flour expands as it takes in moisture, so it is good to give it a little time)
- Fill each cupcake liner 1/2.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes before applying frosting
- Frost and enjoy! You can store these at room temp or in the fridge. The buttercream frosting will stay “in shape” better in the fridge.
- Combine in mixer and blend until smooth. Spread on cupcakes or use a pastry bag and decorator tip to pipe.
You can store these at room temp or in the fridge. The buttercream frosting will stay “in shape” better in the fridge.
What is your favorite thing about this Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcake recipe?
Leave a comment – I would love to know!