Looking for a delicious beef stew recipe? Look no further – this Instant Pot Beef Stew is easy, delicious, hearty and healthy!
As you probably know by now, I am totally in love with my Instant Pot. If you are like me, you may be a bit slow to jump on bandwagons like this.
You are not alone! It took me forever to jump on the juicing bandwagon but I was oh, so glad when I finally did!
But, I am convinced that every – and I mean evvveeery – kitchen needs at least one Instant Pot!
I have the 8 qt Instant Pot and even if your family is not as large as ours, don’t let that stop you! I can cook as little as 1 cup of rice in it. Not that I ever do – but I could if I wanted to!
Instant Pot Beef Stew Step by Step
- Using the “Sauté” setting brown hamburger with oil and salt and pepper until almost fully browned. Photo 1
- Turn off sauté setting and add remaining ingredients minus 1 cup of broth and flour. Photos 2 – 3
- Place lid on instant pot, close valve and set pot to “Stew” setting to cook for 35 minutes. Slow release and allow to sit for 5 mins. Not Shown
- Mix remaining beef broth and flour then add to pot and mix. Photos 4 – 5
- Let sit another 5 minutes then serve. Photo 6
Tips for Making Instant Pot Beef Stew
The following substitutions can be made:
- Worcestershire substitutes – Soy sauce or Liquid aminos
- Ketchup Substitute – Combine: 1 Cup Tomato Sauce +plus 1 teaspoon Vinegar +plus 1 Tablespoon Sugar
For grass-fed beef, I always encourage you to find a local source but I know sometimes that is just not possible. You can find grass fed beef here if you don’t have a local source – AND, it is delivered right to your door!
If you’ve tried this INSTANT POT BEEF STEW or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER.
Instant Pot Beef Stew
- 1-2 pounds hamburger
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cups carrots diced
- 2 cups potatoes cubed
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 5 cups beef broth
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- Using the "Sauté" setting, brown hamburger with oil and salt and pepper until almost fully browned- about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off "Sauté" and add remaining ingredients minus 1 cup of broth and flour.
- Seal lid on instant pot, close valve and set pot to "Stew", cook for 35 minutes.
- Once done, allow the steam to slowly release then let sit 5 minutes.
- Mix remaining beef broth and flour, add to pot and mix well.
- Let sit another 5 minutes then serve.
- Worcestershire substitute - Soy sauce or Liquid aminos
- Ketchup Substitute - 1 Cup Tomato Sauce +plus 1 teaspoon Vinegar +plus 1 Tablespoon Sugar