Looking for a delicious beef stew recipe? Look no further - this Instant Pot Beef Stew is easy, delicious, hearty and healthy!
As you probably know by now, I am totally in love with my Instant Pot. If you are like me, you may be a bit slow to jump on bandwagons like this.
You are not alone! It took me forever to jump on the juicing bandwagon but I was oh, so glad when I finally did!
But, I am convinced that every - and I mean evvveeery - kitchen needs at least one Instant Pot!
I have the 8 qt Instant Pot and even if your family is not as large as ours, don't let that stop you! I can cook as little as 1 cup of rice in it. Not that I ever do - but I could if I wanted to!
Instant Pot Beef Stew Step by Step
- Using the "Sauté" setting brown hamburger with oil and salt and pepper until almost fully browned. Photo 1
- Turn off sauté setting and add remaining ingredients minus 1 cup of broth and flour. Photos 2 - 3
- Place lid on instant pot, close valve and set pot to "Stew" setting to cook for 35 minutes. Slow release and allow to sit for 5 mins. Not Shown
- Mix remaining beef broth and flour then add to pot and mix. Photos 4 - 5
- Let sit another 5 minutes then serve. Photo 6
Tips for Making Instant Pot Beef Stew
The following substitutions can be made:
- Worcestershire substitutes - Soy sauce or Liquid aminos
- Ketchup Substitute - Combine: 1 Cup Tomato Sauce +plus 1 teaspoon Vinegar +plus 1 Tablespoon Sugar
For grass-fed beef, I always encourage you to find a local source but I know sometimes that is just not possible. You can find grass fed beef here if you don't have a local source - AND, it is delivered right to your door!
If you’ve tried this INSTANT POT BEEF STEW or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER.
Instant Pot Beef Stew
- 1-2 pounds hamburger
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cups carrots diced
- 2 cups potatoes cubed
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons pepper
- ½ onion diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 5 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
Using the "Sauté" setting, brown hamburger with oil and salt and pepper until almost fully browned- about 3-4 minutes.
Turn off "Sauté" and add remaining ingredients minus 1 cup of broth and flour.
Seal lid on instant pot, close valve and set pot to "Stew", cook for 35 minutes.
Once done, allow the steam to slowly release then let sit 5 minutes.
Mix remaining beef broth and flour, add to pot and mix well.
Let sit another 5 minutes then serve.
- Worcestershire substitute - Soy sauce or Liquid aminos
- Ketchup Substitute - 1 Cup Tomato Sauce +plus 1 teaspoon Vinegar +plus 1 Tablespoon Sugar
Megan Stevens says
Stew with ground beef and Worcestershire sounds brilliant! Economical and so yummy! Thanks! Looking forward to making this!
Thanks, Megan, it is easy and delicious! I hope you enjoy it!
Tina Rigdon says
I love cooking in my instant pot!! This recipe is fabulous!
Tina, me and you both! Nothing spells quick and easy like an instant pot!