Homemade granola bars with oats and honey are delicious, healthy and super easy to make. Granola bars made with healthy ingredients are sure to become a family favorite!
Do you think granola bars are just those individually wrapped bars that are bought? Think again! As with most food items, homemade is not only healthier but also tastes so much better.
And, if it is easy, well, that is just icing on the cake! Easy, did I say easy? Homemade granola bars with oats and honey are mix it up, put it in the pan, bake and eat – nothing hard about this recipe which is just my type of dish!
If you need another reason to make homemade granola bars, lets talk economics – they are very inexpensive to make. One way to make Oats and Honey Homemade Granola Bars even more economical is to buy rolled oats in bulk.
I purchase a 50 lb bag at the time. To store that many oats, I use buckets with airtight lids and keep them in a closet. A great source of buckets is from bakeries – their icing comes in buckets and they are thrown away when empty. I have found several willing to save them for me.
With a large family, I normally at least double recipes. Often, when you go past doubling to tripling and quadrupling, the ingredients must be adapted, especially spices and sweeteners.
That is not the case with these homemade granola bars recipe. I have quadrupled it without changing a thing and they were delicious – they were just everywhere!
Tips For Making These Homemade Granola Bars
- When the recipe says to “press evenly into the pan”, I literally use the back of a spoon and press the dough into the dish. I have tried using other tools, but the back of a spoon works great – let me know if you find something that works better!
- One more thing before I give the recipe, I have used fresh ground peanut butter, store-bought peanut butter and almond butter – all worked well.
If you’ve tried this recipe for homemade granola bars with oats and honey or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER.
Oats and Honey Granola Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- In large bowl, combine the sucanat (or brown sugar), peanut butter, honey (or corn syrup), butter, vanilla - blend well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Press evenly into pan.
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While still warm, cut into bars. Allow to cool completely before removing from pan.
Tips For Making Homemade Granola Bars
- When the recipe says to "press evenly into the pan", I literally use the back of a spoon and press the dough into the dish. I have tried using other tools, but the back of a spoon works great - let me know if you find something that works better!
- One more thing, I have used fresh ground peanut butter, store-bought peanut butter and almond butter - all worked well.