We have chocolate addicts around here - healthy or not! With Chocolate Avocado Pudding you get the best of both - healthy and delicious chocolaty flavor!
My favorite part? It is easy peasy - watch the video and see for yourself!
I am back on the GAPS Diet and this time to get rid of eczema. After having such amazing results with my first experience and no longer suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, I thought it was time to give GAPS a shot for another autoimmune problem.
Putting my own twist on the healthy chocolate pudding (based on a dessert pudding from our time spent in Switzerland), it has quickly become a family favorite.
For our family of nine, I quadruple the Chocolate Avocado Pudding recipe ingredients and process it in batches in the food processor. If our older children are visiting, well, let's just say I make even more - we have hearty eaters around here!
You might be thinking that this is an expensive dessert for so many people. But, I have a trick up my sleeve to make it more economical!
Especially this time of year, I am able to find avocados on sale. I'm talking $.18 each! And, when I do, I stock up and freeze the avocados which works great in Chocolate Avocado Pudding - just thaw and continue with the recipe.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding Video
I learn best by watching someone else. So, watch the video and see for yourself just how easy it is to make Chocolate Avocado Pudding!
Chocolate Avocado Pudding Video Resources
I love knowing what other people use and why they like particular products. Here is a list of resources that you see me use in the video and why I like it. The links will take you to Amazon.
- Cuisinart Food Processor - I use this kitchen appliance almost daily and it holds up to the use my large family puts it through - that's saying a lot!
- Le Creuset Spoon Spatula - I normally use my spoon spatula to serve the pudding with because it scoops up just the right amount and makes scraping the food processor bowl easy - no need to waste any pudding by leaving it in the bowl!
Making Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Talk about easy and if you know me, you know, I'm all about easy! There are 4 simple steps involved in making Chocolate Avocado Pudding:
- Gather all ingredients - avocado, banana, cocoa, honey, and optional but delish - esspresso
- Place all ingredients in the food processor
- Blend until smooth
- Serve and enjoy
Tips for making Chocolate Avocado Pudding:
- Buy avocados on sale and freeze them to make this a very economical dessert. See Freezing Avocados.
- Espresso and cream are completely optional. Espresso smooths out the flavor of the cocoa. Cream adds a special touch of richness but also increases the amount of finished pudding this recipe makes.
As my 16 year old daughter put it, "it is hard to believe something that good is really healthy!" - It had everyone asking for more!
Have You Tried It?
If you’ve tried Avocado Chocolate Pudding or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER.
Avocado Chocolate Pudding
- 2 avocados peeled and scooped
- 1 ripe banana peeled
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 3 tablespoons espresso or use 3 Tbsp water
- ⅓ cup raw cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cream omit if you are leaving off dairy
- Combine all ingredients, except the cream, in the food processor and puree until everything is combined and smooth. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes just to chill it.
- When ready to serve, whip the cream and fold into the pudding.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is one of my favorite avocado recipes - what is yours?