No Chinese meal is complete without vegetables! Stir Fry Seasoning for Vegetables is great for any vegetable stir fry. An easy and healthy recipe!
As I have said before, my family really likes Chinese stir fry recipes. In fact, I don’t think I have tried one yet that was not well received!
I started stir frying while we lived in Switzerland after being encouraged by a Chinese American friend. She prepared an 8 course meal for our family (at that time we only had 6 children) and everyone loved it!
I was amazed at how she was able to seamlessly put together a meal containing vegetables that everyone loved. It’s like the superpower with Chinese cuisine!
So began my adventure in Chinese cooking. The first stir fry recipe I tried was Chinese Chicken with Walnuts and since it was a hit, I was encouraged to continue the adventure.
Should I Use Fresh Or Frozen Vegetables?
With all Chinese meals, vegetables make a great side dish. Whether you choose to use fresh or frozen vegetables is up to you – I normally use frozen for convenience. Frozen vegetables are often more economical than fresh but either work well.
With frozen vegetables, you can either purchase the stir fry mixed vegetables or buy the individually frozen vegetables and make your own mix. The picture above is of pre-mixed frozen stir fry vegetables.
Tips For Making Stir Fry Recipes
Some special instructions here: When using frozen vegetables, heat the oil in your wok and the add the vegetables when frozen. If you are not using pre-mixed vegetables, be sure to cook the denser vegetables first such as, carrots and broccoli, then add the less dense vegetables like peas, bok choy …
The following Stir Fry Seasoning recipe is one I use frequently for any vegetable stir fry. It is even good served over rice as a meal itself!
If you are new to stir fry recipes, you might want to take a look at Stir Fry Basics where I share what I have learned through trial and error. It’s easy to learn, but a lot of the techniques run counter to Western cooking techniques.
If you’ve tried this recipe for Stir Fry Seasoning or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER.
These vegetables accompany any protein perfectly.
- 3/4 c liquid aminos
- 1/4 - 1/8 c wine
- 1/8 c cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 c honey may also use raw sugar
- 3 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 large bag frozen stir fry vegetables
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Preheat wok.
- Add several tablespoons peanut oil (may substitute coconut or olive oil) to wok and swirl to coat sides of wok.
- Add vegetables (denser ones first) and stir fry until just tender.
- Pour sauce mixture over vegetables and continue stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot and Enjoy!
Tips For Making Stir Fries
- Some special instructions here: When using frozen vegetables, heat the oil in your wok and the add the vegetables when frozen. If you are not using pre-mixed vegetables, be sure to cook the denser vegetables first such as, carrots and broccoli, then add the less dense vegetables like peas, bok choy ...
- The following recipe is one I use frequently for any vegetable stir fry. It is even good served over rice as a meal itself!
- Pstt: You can serve most Chinese cuisine recipes over rice and they'll taste just fine. Especially with leftovers! Double yes if you fry an egg and put it on top.