Who doesn’t love frozen yogurt? Yogurt popsicles made with homemade yogurt, have become one of our family favorite treats. I love to serve healthy treats and especially when there are probiotics involved.
Yogurt popsicles made with homemade yogurt, have become a family favorite – especially on hot summer days when we have been working in the vineyard all day…sweating!
As a mother, it is satisfying to know that I am giving my family not only a cool refreshing treat but also one that is good for them. Unlike store bought popsicles, yogurt popsicles have no artificial anything – no chemicals, no preservatives and no processed sugar!
Frozen Yogurt Popsicles Make Healthy Treats
I love to serve healthy treats and especially when there are probiotics involved! Yogurt is made from the fermentation of milk by bacterial cultures. These cultures remain alive even through freezing, which means when you eat a yogurt popsicle, you are feeding the good bacteria in you gut! With the 100F + temperatures that we have been having, these yogurt popsicles are very refreshing!
What Popsicles Molds To Buy?
The first popsicle molds I purchased were from a local store on sale at the end of the season. They worked well so I bought another set, but this time the popsicles came out tasting and smelling like plastic – it was awful!
So, I threw them away and ordered these popsicle molds and love them! Not only do the popsicles look nice but the children love having the wooden sticks – it the little things! ;)
Top Tip For Making Frozen Yogurt Popsicles:
- I have found that when making the mix for yogurt popsicles, it does taste sweeter than it will once it is frozen. So, don’t be worried when you sneak a taste and it is a bit too sweet – it will probably be just right when it is a yogurt popsicle!
If you’ve tried these Frozen Yogurt Popsicles or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER.
Easy and healthy, you won't worry about the kids eating these daily.
- 3 c. yogurt
- 1 c. frozen fruit strawberries, peaches, blueberries, bananas ...
- 1/2 c. honey
- Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth.
- Pour the mix into your popsicle molds and freeze until firm.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top Tip For Making Yogurt Popsicles;
- I have found that when making the mix for yogurt popsicles, it does taste sweeter than it will once it is frozen. So, don't be worried when you sneak a taste and it is a bit too sweet - it will probably be just right when it is a yogurt popsicle!