We just harvested our second picking of peas from the garden and they are delicious! While this recipe works great with frozen peas and even dried ones, it is especially good with fresh-from-the-garden peas. To make the recipe GAPS legal, substitute white or navy beans. With the summer heat upon us (100F +), it is a cool and easy lunch!
6 c. peas – use white or navy beans for GAPS legal (where to buy)
1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. raw apple cider vinegar – I use Bragg’s
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (where to buy REAL salt)
- 1 tsp oregano*
- 1 tsp basil*
- 1 tsp cumin*
- 1/2 tsp rosemary*
- 1/2 tsp sage*
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
* Looking for organic, non-irradiated spices? Click Here
1. Cook the peas until tender. If using dried peas, soak in water to cover with 2 Tbsp whey, kefir or lemon juice the night before. Then, drain, rinse, cover with water and boil until tender. If you are using fresh peas, there is no need to soak them beforehand.
2. While the peas are cooking, mix the remaining ingredients.
3. Once the peas are cooked, add the chopped onion and allow to cool.
4. Toss the peas with the dressing.
5. Serve and Enjoy!
This post is part of: Summer Salad Sundays, Monday Mania, Fat Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Kids in the Kitchen, Mommy Club, Real Food Wednesday, Allergy-Free Wednesday, Healthy2day Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday, Pennywise Platter, Fresh Bites Friday, Fight Back Friday, Gaps Friendly Friday, Whole Foods Friday, Weekend Gourmet