We just harvested our second picking of peas from the garden and they are delicious!
While this recipe works great with frozen peas and even dried ones, it is especially good with fresh-from-the-garden peas.
To make the recipe GAPS legal, substitute white or navy beans.
With the summer heat upon us (100F +), it is a cool and easy lunch!
I buy all my herbs, spices and real salt from Wilderness Family Naturals because they are organic, natural and excellent quality.
Follow tradition and make this delicious salad for the new year.
- 6 c. peas - use white or navy beans for GAPS legal
- 1 onion chopped
- Cook the peas until tender. If using dried peas, soak in water to cover with 2 Tbsp whey, kefir or lemon juice the night before. Then, drain, rinse, cover with water and boil until tender. If you are using fresh peas, there is no need to soak them beforehand.
- While the peas are cooking, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Once the peas are cooked, add the chopped onion and allow to cool.
- Toss the peas with the dressing.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Join the newsletter
Join and get my Top 10 GAPS RECIPES FREE!