During pruning season we are working in the vineyard from 9 am to 6 pm. That does not leave much time for food preparation. Homemade Caramel Corn is quick and easy enough even for me to whip up at night during pruning!
That means that it is super easy because I am pooped by the end of the day! It is amazing how tiring standing and pruning is!
Homemade caramel corn is loved by children and adults alike. There is just something about the taste that brings a smile to everyone’s face!
If you remember Cracker Jack’s you will definitely appreciate this recipe. With the peanuts added, it is a great homemade replacement without all the unnecessary ingredients!
You will be surprised at just how easy making your own homemade caramel corn is – you can thank me later 😉
The hardest part is mixing the caramel and the popcorn. And, that is not really hard!
When it comes to clean up, simply let the boiler that you mixed it all up in soak in water. The water dissolves the sugar and even clean-up is a breeze!
- Mix in a boiler the brown sugar, light corn syrup, butter and salt.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla and baking soda - mix well.
- Pour quickly over the popcorn and stir to coat evenly.
- Add peanuts if desired.
- Put in oven at 200 F for 1 hour.
- Stir every 15 minutes.
- Cool on waxed paper.
- Store in air tight container.