Looking for a delicious pork stew recipe? Your search stops here! Not only is this pork stew recipe delicious, it is made in the Instant Pot which means in just no time, it is ready to eat!
I don’t know about you, but we rarely eat pork. Beats me as to why, after all, it is so good. I love bacon and pork loin and definitely buy them when they are on sale.
That is how this recipe came into existence – pork was on sale. And, like most other grocery items, when I find them on sale, I stock up! Remember freezing avocados?
This Pork Stew is super easy and with the addition of carrots, potatoes, onions and mushrooms is a one dish meal – I love that! But, I rarely stop there – it is just too easy to add a salad and homemade bread!
Sourdough bread bowls are delicious and there are fewer dishes to wash after the meal because you eat your bowl!
Instant Pot Pork Stew Step by Step
- Chop all vegetables Photo 1
- Pour the oil into Instant Pot and press saute. Add seasoned pork and stir to sear. Photo 2
- When seared, add the vegetables Photo 3
- Saute for a few minutes until brightly colored and beginning to soften. Photo 4
- Add gravy mix over the top and chicken broth. Place the lid on your Instant Pot and turn switch to seal. Press “meat/stew” button and cook for 80 minutes. When cooking time is up, do a quick release until the pin drops and all pressure is released from inside the pot. Not shown
- Remove the lid stir and enjoy. Photo 5
Tips for Making This Pork Stew
1. Buy pork chops on sale and freeze them to make this even more economical.
2. Other spices to season pork with include:
- use your favorite
3. Homemade chicken broth makes this even more delicious and healthy.
Have you tried it?
If you’ve tried this PORK STEW or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER.
Pork stew is delicious but one made in the Instant Pot is also quick and easy!
- 4 center cut pork chops can use pork steaks as well, but remove bone, cut into bite size pieces and seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to your liking
- ½ onion diced
- 2 – 3 carrots sliced ¼” thick
- 1.5 lb potatoes cut into large bite size chunks, unpeeled for more nutrition, but optional
- 2 – 3 stalks celery sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp thyme dried
- 1 pckt gravy mix
- 1 ½ c chicken broth
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Add oil to Instant Pot and press "Saute".
Drop in the seasoned pork and allow to cook until you have a good sear on all sides. Stir continuously.
After searing the meat, put in the chopped carrots, celery and onion. Saute for a few minutes until brightly colored and they are beginning to soften.
- Add the potatoes, mushrooms and shake in the gravy mix over the top.
- Pour in the chicken stock
Place on the Instant Pot lid, and put the toggle switch into the “sealing” position
- Press “meat/stew” button and configure it for 80 minutes.
When cooking time is up, do a quick release until the pin drops and all the pressure is released from inside the pot.
- Remove the lid and give it a good stir.
If you find the liquid is not thick enough for your liking, simply press the saute button and add a slurry of 1 tbsp cornstarch and 2 tbsp water. Mix and pour into the stew - stir to thicken.