Whether or not you are looking for a keto recipe, Keto Burgers are delicious! This burgers recipe has no bread so, they are also called Lettuce Burgers.
Besides the fact that this burgers recipe is delicious, it also qualifies for the low-carb, keto, paleo, GAPS diets and is just plain good!
Using grass-fed beef makes them even healthier. Do yourself a favor and find a local source for grass-fed beef to maximize the nutritional profile of the meat you are eating!
According to Healthline (bold added),
Grass-fed beef may contain less total fat than grain-fed beef, but a lot more omega-3 fatty acids and CLA, which are both linked to health benefits.
If you don’t have a source of grass-fed beef or you just want the convenience of grass-fed beef delivered to your door, click the link for an affiliate that I trust.
Keto Burgers Step by Step
- In a bowl, combine the hamburger, onions, and spices. Mix well – I find that using clean hands works the best. Divide the burger into four equal balls. Photo 1
- Using your hands, form the balls into burgers, using your fingers to slightly depress the center of the patty and place the burgers on a parchment lined baking sheet. Photo 2
- Bake for 13 – 15 minutes. When done, add a slice of cheese and allow to melt. Photo 3
- Using wide leaf lettuce, place a leaf on plate. Lay another leave beside it to make the leave surface wider. Place the patty in the center, and apply the condiments. Wrap the patty in the lettuce as tight as you can – Enjoy! Photo 4
Tips for Making This Burgers Recipe
- This recipe doubles, triples and even more…easily.
- Grilling this burgers recipe works well and I normally line my grill with foil although it is not necessary.
- Cheese options – cheddar, Swiss, asiago, your favorite cheese.
Which Lettuce Works Best for Lettuce Burgers?
I think this is a matter of personal preference. I like to use romaine lettuce and use two lettuce leaves. Iceberg also works well and gives a nice crunch if you peel the leaves off carefully so as to get large leaves.
Other choices of lettuce include:
- Boston (also called Butter and Bibb),
- Green leaf/red leaf
- Cabbage – for those that want added crunch
If you’ve tried KETO BURGERS or LETTUCE BURGERS or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER.
Delicious and easy, this burgers recipe is gluten free, keto, paleo, GAPS legal and just plain good!
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 1 Tbsp red onion finely chopped
- 4 slices cheese
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning (may use 1 tsp each basil and oregano)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper as desired
- 8 lettuce leaves
- condiments low sugar or no sugar added
- Preheat the oven to 375
- In a bowl, combine the hamburger, onions, and spices. Mix well - I find that using clean hands works the best.
Divide the hamburger into four equal balls.
Using your hands, form the balls into burgers, using your fingers to slightly depress the center of the patty so that when it roasts and cooks, it does evenly, and does not dome in the center.
- Place the burgers on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Roast in the oven for approximately 13 – 15 minutes or until the juices run clear. The internal temperature should be 160F.
- When the cooking is complete, turn the oven off and place the cheese over the patties. Close the oven door and let the residual heat melt the cheese over the patties while you get the lettuce and condiments prepared.
- Using wide leaf lettuce, place a leaf on plate. Lay another leave beside it to make the leave surface wider. Place the patty in the center, and apply the condiments. Begin to wrap the patty in the lettuce as tight as you can. You may need to fold extra parts of the leaves like a package.
Depressing the center of each patty before cooking allows it to cook without making a dome in the center.
- your favorite
What are your favorite burger condiments – mayo, ketchup, mustard, relish – leave a comment and let me know!