How to Get Rid of Gallstones Naturally

How to Get Rid of Gallstones Naturally

Have you ever had a gallbladder attack?

Talk about painful!

Thankfully, I have found something that works like a charm, is not invasive and lets me keep my gallbladder!

My Experience

I had my first when pregnant with our 8th child and after an all-you-can eat pizza buffet – a high fat meat! It was no fun, in fact, it was quite painful! As a nurse, I knew that I was a prime candidate for gallbladder surgery. Having cared for gallbladder patients, I knew that it was a difficult surgery and I did not want it! In seeking an alternative to gallbladder surgery, my father introduced me to a gallbladder cleanse, also called a gallbladder flush.

I have continued to use the recipe that I will give below, as needed with success. Until I started the GAPS diet, I would use the flush once a year or so. Since I have been on the GAPS diet, interestingly, my gallbladder attacks increased during the first 8 – 10 months or so. During this time, I did the gallbladder cleanse monthly until my stones subsided. Whatever the reason, the GAPS diet seemed to accentuate my gallbladder problem. My gallbladder was not functioning properly and through the healing process of the GAPS diet it is now much better and the need for a gallbladder cleanse in almost unnecessary.

Before I give the recipe …

Did you know that nearly 1 million gallbladders are removed yearly?

Over 20 years ago, gallbladders were removed surgically and the recovery period was slow and painful.  The traditional “open” gallbladder surgery has almost completely been replaced with the introduction of laparoscopy. Laparoscopy uses small instruments and a lighted tube equipped with a video camera, all inserted through tiny abdominal incisions. The recovery period is quicker and less painful with a laparoscopy making it the preferred method of removal.

Unfortunately, the number of gallbladder operations has risen 40 percent since the introduction of the laparoscopy! Perhaps the doctors would prefer to avoid severe attacks so, the gallbladder is removed with vague symptoms like bloating and gas. This equals unnecessary surgery!

Laporascopic removal of the gallbladder while used commonly is not without risk. Accidental severing of the bile duct, which can cause permanent liver damage, occurs in 1 to 2 percent of laparoscopies—three times more often than in open surgery!

Function of the Gallbladder:

The gallbladder is located just under the liver and has a very important role in the digestive process.

According to Wikipedia:

In vertebrates the gallbladder (cholecystgall bladderbiliary vesicle) is a small organ that aids mainly in fat digestion and concentrates bile produced by the liver. The surgical removal of the gallbladder is called a cholecystectomy.

To put it another way, it emulsifies fats. Think of trying to wash greasy dishes without soap. It is almost impossible. Why? Because soap emulsifies the grease. Similarly, the gallbladder stores bile and bile acids, which emulsify the fat eaten so it can be properly transported through the intestine into the blood stream.

Bile is made in the liver, then stored in the gallbladder until the body needs it to digest fat. At that time, the gallbladder contracts and pushes the bile into a tube–called the common bile duct–that carries it to the small intestine, where it helps with digestion. Under certain conditions the bile can harden into stones.

Types of Gallstones:

There are two two types of gallstones:

1. Cholesterol stones made up of hardened cholesterol are usually yellow-green. 80 percent of gallstones are cholesterol stones. They are caused by too much cholesterol, bilirubin, or not enough bile salts or when the gallbladder does not empty as it should.

Gallstones - cholesterol stones

2. Pigment stones made of bilirubin are small, dark stones. Their cause is uncertain although they tend to occur in people with cirrhosis, biliary tract infections, and hereditary blood disorders such as sickle cell anemia – these conditions cause too much bilirubin to form.

Gallstones - pigment stones 180

Either type of gallstones can be as small as a grain of sand or as large as a golf ball. The gallbladder can develop either one large stone, hundreds of tiny stones, or almost any combination.

Symptoms of a Gallbladder Attack:

If gallstones lodge in any of the ducts that carry bile from the liver to the small intestines, a gallbladder attack occurs. Symptoms have a rapid onset and may include:

• Steady pain in the upper abdomen that increases rapidly and lasts from 30 minutes to several hours
  • Pain in the back between the shoulder blades
  • Pain under the right shoulder
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Abdominal bloating
  • Recurring intolerance of fatty foods
  • Belching
  • Gas
  • Indigestion

An easy way to determine if your pain is related to the gallbladder is to press down below on your last rib on your right side and lined up with your nipple – if there is pain there is a good chance that you have a gallbladder problem.

Curing Symptoms Not the Problem:

The removal of the gallbladder is a procedure called Cholecystectomy. Of the 1 million cholecystectomys or gallbladder removals that are done yearly, it is estimated that only a few thousand actually need to come out! Sadly, as many as half of the patients continue to have pain after the gallbladder is removed. Rather than treat the symptoms, more care should be taken to heed the warning signals and determine why the gallbladder is not functioning properly.

liver pancreas

One way to relieve congestion in the gallbladder is a gallbladder cleanse or flush. I am not a medical doctor and do not pretend to give medical advise but I do want to share what has worked for me. The following recipe is one I have used since my first attack in 2002. I use it when I begin to experience pain in my right side, just under my ribs. It is a pain that once you have, you recognize instantly.  While I normally do not have severe pain (because I do the flush before it gets too bad), I have procrastinated and had sever pain, nausea and vomiting – all of which are relieved by the following cleanse and passage of gallstones.

Gallbladder Cleanse Recipe

Drink 1 qt of apple juice each day for 5 days. Drink the apple juice in addition to your regular diet.  The apple juice contains limonoid which helps soften any gallstones and alleviate any pain you are experiencing.

On the 6th day:

Do not eat anything after 6 pm.

At 6 pm, take 1 Tbsp Epsom salt with a full glass of water. Mix the Epsom salt in the water – it takes a bit of stirring. I take a big breath and down it quickly!

At 8 pm repeat 1 Tbsp Epsom salt with a full glass of water.

At 10 pm – mix and drink quickly, 4 oz. olive oil (from my affiliate -where to buy) and 4 oz. lemon juice.

Go to bed and in the morning you will pass any gallstones you may have. I normally have varying sizes of bright green gallstones visible in the toilet. The Epsom salt acts as a laxative to quickly remove the gallstones from the intestinal tract.

Photo Credit © Depositphotos.com/alila

Related posts:

join the newsletter
Sign-up and get my 20 Must Have Superfoods eBook FREE!

Comments

1. says

Did you wait until the point in the GAPS intro when you added olive oil to do the cleanse, or did you deviate from the diet for the cleanse and resume it where you left off?

• morena says

I tried the cleanser.. I am not sure if I passed the gallstone.. is 1cm so I am guessing it will take time..when do you think I can I tried the cleanser again in your opinion.. I don’t want surgery.. I am only 41 ..

• Bjorn says

Hello
      And thanks
      It worked for me.
      The only thing I did different is I used grape seed oil not really sure if it matters as it is just a lubricant at this point.
      If you are going to attempt this it would wise to get a hot water bottle as it really helped me (place on stomach) and be prepared for a sleepless night filled with moaning and groaning (not in a good way ) I got about half a cup of stones. I’m going to attempt it again next month and continue monthly until all is good.
      I was very close to going on the slab and I did not want that at all. So if any one is going to try it I would recommend getting a altar sound before trying it just to see if the stones are large or small.

Thanks again for all the info and good luck

• Jane says

Hi,

I have currently just started the GAPS diet, although have been working on healing for about 12 months. I am currently in stage 1 (day 4) of the intro diet. I would like to do the cleanse but that would mean breaking protocols of the diet. Do you think I am better waiting until I have finished doing the intro diet or just do the cleanse and then resume GAPS afterward?

Jane

• Julie says

I had diarrhea and gas and no nausea, vomitting, etc. When I went to the naturopath he confirmed what I suspected, I was having gall bladder problems. A clue to look for is stool float. When that occurs the fats are not being digested.

2. Sarah says

Hi,
    The directions say to drink the juice for 5 days but then don’t start the cleanse until the sixth day. Was that intentional? Am I supposed to fast from the juice for a full day before starting the cleanse?
    Thanks,
    Sarah

• says

Sarah, The apple juice works to soften the stones so yes, you are to take it each day before the cleanse so when you pass the stones, they pass easily and painlessly. You still drink the juice on the 6th day – and up until 6pm on the sixth day, you are eating a normal diet.

• says

Nate, I really can’t give medical advise but only tell you what I would do and what has worked for me. I personally don’t see why it wouldn’t but I would seek medical advise. Maybe another reader could help?

3. Shelley says

I don’t have a gallbladder issue that I know of any way but I’m trying to detox and change my eating habits! I’d like to try this cleanse; won’t hurt to just do it and see what comes out right?

• Ann says

Do I just drink the juice with my regular food intake or do I fast and just drink the apple juice? what is the best juice and epsom salt to buy?
        thanks

• says

Ann, just drink the apple juice in addition to your regular meals. If you can find juice with no added sugar I think that is the best. Any e\Epsom salt will do as long as it is just Epsom salt.

• Ann M says

Hi Dina-Marie,
            Do I really have to wait 6 days??? I really just want to do this tomorrow. I just had all the symptoms occur tonight – although I noticed “floating stools” a few days ago – after I started a new probiotic – although I have had normal healthy stools as well, daily, – sorry to be graphic! I eat really well – at least one salad a day – often 2, I take coconut oil and fish oil – get good carbs, protein etc… The only thing I have done differently is changed probiotic – it was one of the top ten listed. And can I take apple cider vinegar instead of the apple juice – I just don’t want all that sugar!

• says

Ann, I understand about the sugar but the apple juice contains limonoid which will help stop the pain and soften the stones so they pass easily and without pain. The danger of not waiting the 6 days is that you would lose the benefits of the apple juice. I would wait just to be safe!

4. Esther says

Hi Dina-Marie,
    Fortunately or Unfortunately, I am one of them all that got my gallbladder removed. I was suppose to get my gallbladder vacuumed and get a speedy recovery but as I was in the process the dr saw my gallbladder full and no hopes of proceeding with plan A. So he went for plan B, removing my gallbladder

5. Paul says

In the past from time to time I have had lower back stiffness and pain when bending over to tie my shoes and when quickly getting up after sitting. Six months ago in WA state I tried the gall bladder cleanse you suggest. It seemed to help and I discharged what looked like many very small stones. I was expecting the diarrhea to set in the next day. But had diarrhea prior to my taking the lemon juice/olive oil. Is that the way it normally works? Right now, in Hong Kong, I am in the process of repeating the cleanse. I am wondering if I should lower the Epsom salt dosage and/or decrease the time between the 2 doses of Epsom salt and/or before taking the lemon juice/olive oil. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have.

• says

Paul, I normally have diarrhea in the wee early morning hours and for a few hours of the morning the next day. If it were me, (and I can’t give you medical advice but just share what I have done and would do after doing the cleanse from experience) I would probably keep the dose the same – the Epsom salt gets your intestines moving and since you passed stones in the morning, I would say it did its job!

6. Kirk says

I looked up limonoids, per your cleanse recipe, and learned that oranges and lemons have the highest concentration, so wondering why is the cleanse strictly apple juice?
    Is there something special about he limonoids found in apple juice?

7. Sarah says

How often do you do this cleanse? For the past couple of months I have been having gallbladder problems and I don’t want the surgery…so I am going to try this. Also, do you need to stay away from any foods that can effect the gallbladder or eat what you want?

• says

Sarah, while I was on the GAPS diet, I went through a period where I did the cleanse monthly. Now I do it yearly just to make sure it is stone free. If you are having problems with gallstones, you should look at your diet and make sure you are getting probiotics for your gut health and the good animal fats that come with a traditional diet.

• Sarah says

Thank you for your reply. I think my last sentence may have not made sense. My diet is not the best, however, I have been noticing flare up here fairly recent. This may be a dumb question, but, does smoking cause the gallbladder to have pain? I stopped smoking and slightly changed how I ate right after being diagnosed with GERD and gallstones and had very few flare ups for over a month,however, I just started smoking again and My gallbladder has caused me pain for several days now. I haven’t started the cleanse yet, but do you think the cleanse is enough, or do you think the GAPS diet had a major impact? Thank you for your time

• says

Sarah, I have not seen anything linking smoking to gallbladder pain but, it does affect your whole body because it decreases the oxygen capacity of each cell throughout the body. If you diet is not great, I would definitely look into healthy changes. I would start with the gallbladder cleanse to give immediate relief. I do think GAPS is beneficial for everyone to do for a short period of time to cleanse the body and get the gut bacteria into balance. I was on it for 2 years because of major health issues which required allowing my gut to heal so that it could perform digestion properly. I don’t think that is the case for everyone. But, even for the most severe cases, the GAPS diet is not intended to be a lifelong diet, it is merely for a period of healing. I hope this helps!

8. Gay says

Hi Dina-Marie, Do you have any suggestions for getting the oil/lemon juice mixture down? I have done this cleanse a couple times but don’t think I could again due to the taste. It nearly all came back up again and for about a year after I couldn’t eat anything with olive oil in it. I found it repulsive! Sadly I no longer have a gallbladder (taken out over 20 years ago before I knew about cleanses) but this cleanse also cleanses the liver so I still want to do it. There may be limonoids in the apple juice but it is also very high in malic acid which works to soften the stones. It think that’s why apple juice is recommended and not orange or lemon juice.

• Norma says

I have done the cleanse with lemon juice & grapefruit juice (you can mix the oil with grapefruit & it won’t get slimy) I have a huge problem with the epsom salts though. I have done the cleanse with 1 dose only & got results & I have done it with 2 doses (major difference in not a good way, was too violent) The taste is almost too unbearable even with the vitamin c powder added. I used apple juice this last time & it was a little better than using water. I have 4 family members who had their gallbladders removed & I am trying to save mine but sometimes I think I am not doing the right thing in waiting. Did 4 flushes within a month. Should I keep fighting or schedule a surgery? Your opinion would be appreciated. :)

• says

Norma, I am sorry you are having such a battle! Because I am not a doctor, I really can’t advise you but I can say that I have done the cleanse monthly during one period while I was on the GAPS diet and having a difficult time with digestion. What is your diet like? Maybe the GAPS diet would be beneficial to help get your gut bacteria in good shape where the beneficial bacteria are in control. It also allows your intestines a period of healing so that all food (including fats) are digested properly. Just some thoughts – I hope it helps! For me, it was worth doing the cleanse and avoiding surgery. Even though it is thought of as a routine surgery, there are still risks!

9. Mrs. Wood says

Hello, have you had an ultrasound on your gallbladder since the gallstones have left your body? Do you still have attacks?

• Alyssa says

Could you describe the attacks you used to have? I’m an 18 year old girl and I have been having attacks with severe pain under my ribs on my right side for 3 or 4 years now. The pain is the worst pain I have ever felt, and it radiates into my back as well as surrounding areas in the front. Sometimes it helps to twist my body or curl up into a ball, but the only thing that stops it is strong pain medication I have been prescribed. I have had numerous ultrasounds and x-rays, blood tests, and even HIDA scans, but nothing has showed up and doctors can’t diagnose me. I am convinced I have gallstones but they have not appeared in any of my tests. If anyone has had these symptoms and had success with these cleanses, it would be great to know!

10. says

Hi Dina I have done the cleanse gave me some good results I wanted to know if I can start the six day process again the next following day or is it to soon ?

11. says

Hi, thank you for this informative page. I am following a slightly different version of the cleanse which calls for eating apples and drinking juice for one day, drinking the epsom salt and then the oil mixture that same night, epsom salt two more times the following morning and then passing stones. My girlfriend just did it this way and successfully passed almost 100 hundred stones! I have not passed any and I was wondering if you might have some insight into why not. I am pretty sure there is some buildup in my body and I am curious as to why nothing is coming out.

Any information you might have would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• says

Rachel, it could be that you had some stones and they did not get passed from your body but were reabsorbed. I did the cleanse once just to make sure that I didn’t have any gallstones and did not pass any. At the time I was pretty sure I had some and felt that the Epsom salt had not worked and the stones were passed from the gallbladder but did not get eliminated from my body. I waited a month and repeated the cleanse and did have quite a few.

12. Bri says

Is doing the cleanse safe to do while breastfeeding? Also, can you elaborate on some of your symptoms when you would have gall bladder issues?

• says

Bri, I experienced the pain described in the post on my right side slightly under my ribs. In a couple of attacks I even had nausea and vomiting. I could usually tell an attack was coming after eating a high fat meal by the discomfort and pain.

• James says

This discussion is making me very optimistic for recovery. For almost two weeks now I have been experiencing a constant dull pain in top right abdominal region. After meals it becomes sharper. I feel backed up and stool recently has been very similar to diarrhea. No insurance so I’m not sure if I have gall stones or gallbladder INFECTION? Do my symptoms sound familiar?

• says

James, I am not a doctor so would not want to tell you one way or the other. From my experience, the pain was there but I did not have diarrhea from the gallbladder attack.

13. vicki johnson says

Can whole apples per day be substituted for the juice? I love apples but really don’t care for the juice at all…I was told my GB is full of stones and I want to avoid surgery

• says

Vicki, it would be difficult to eat enough apples to equal the amount of juice the cleanse calls for. Also, the nutrients in the juice are more readily available for your body to use without the fiber to slow digestion.

14. Hadik says

Great piece of work, I need some advice from you ,
    I am male , 25 , had first attack some days back & pain was fir about 12 hrs, had an ultrasound and doc suggested surgery ,i really dont want removal or crushing ,i wanna try your method,here in Kashmir to get real fruit juice is hard, is tropicana apple juice fine ?

15. Jeremy says

42 year old male. I have been having what I suspect is gallbladder problems. Started a about Christmas day. Nausea, off and on diarrhea, lots of bright yellow in my stool, etc. The bright yellow has recently slowed up but still lots of diarrhea, gas, bloating, belching, and lots of the stool floats. Took some milk of magnesia last night thinking maybe a good clean out would help. Well, started getting right abdominal pain a few hours later that had me up all night. After finally going to sleep and waking up abdominal was gone. Got to work and abdominal pain started again. Mainly in one spot an inch or 2 to the right and 2 or 3 inches below my belly button. At times it radiates to other areas.
    Does this sound like gallbladder problems to you? Do you think this cleanse would help?

• says

Jeremy, I am sorry you are going through this! Your pain sounds very similar in location to mine but I never had bright yellow stool nor did I have diarrhea but we had a friend who did. All I can tell you is what I would do and I would try the cleanse and see if it helps and then if not, go to a doctor.

16. debra says

I would love to try this but when I try to drink the epsom salts it makes me projectile vomit.I seem to have an issue with it I have the same reaction when I tried a bowl prep for colonoscopy and had to opt out.Can you think of a substitute for it?

• says

Debra, I know it is difficult to drink! You need something that will give the laxative affect so if you have anything like that, I would try it – I just don’t know of anything to recommend since I haven’t used them personally.

17. Cheri says

I need some input please. I did the cleanse and I am not sure if I passed any stones or not. How can you tell? How can I put this delicately? The Epsom Salt kicked in way before my second dose and the olive oil mixture. I was completely cleaned out if you know what I mean. After I took the olive oil mixture, I went to bed. I slept through the night and this morning I just feel a slight rumbling in my intestines. Is it possible I passed them when the salt kicked in? Or can there be a delay? I followed the instructions and I know the laxative definitely worked. Aside from that I am stumped. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

• says

Cheri, you still could have passed gallstones but normally I can tell in the morning when I have a bowel movement, the little stones are visible. If you were having symptoms, are they better? If you do the cleanse again, if it were me, I think I would decrease the Epsom salt a bit.

• Cheri says

Thank you for responding. I finally had success! I passed about 100 little stones. I am going to try again in a month. I read somewhere that the stagnant bile is why I had such a rush from the Epsom Salt. Which is fine. Better to be clear. I did take a tsp extra of the salt in the afternoon after I did the oil/lemon mix. It helped greatly with expelling the stones. I tend to have bowel issues.
        I cannot thank you enough for posting this website. You saved me from another surgery I did not want. I had surgery in April for an unrelated health issue and I did not relish the idea of two surgeries in a year. When I have attacks I use apple cider vinegar 1/4 c. with 8oz of apple juice and the attack is usually gone in 30 minutes. Between that and this flush recipe, I hope to be pain and stone free soon. Thanks again!

18. Vilma says

Hi, I just had an ultrasound to confirm my gallstones,I have 2 stones seen 1cm and 1.5cm.I am still waiting for my gp appointment but she mentioned about surgery which I am not very keen.Would this apple juice remedy effective with the size of my stones? How many times in a month do I have to do this.is it gonna work after a week of this procedure.I hope I can get an answer.thank you.
    Vilma

• says

Vilma, I really can’t address the size of your stones because everyone is different. This cleanse would not be affected by the procedure you had and once may be enough for the cleanse to clean your gallbladder. Let me know how you are doing!

19. Susan Kay says

Hi Dina, I am currently on Day 4 of your cleanse, I had an ultrasound done last Tuesday, was told I have a fair amount in there, the tech said about 20 thousand, which I take to mean that I’m pretty jam packed, fingers crossed this works ☺

20. says

Dina-Marie,

THANK YOU! Taking the time to write such a wonderful article requires dedication; I very much appreciate all the info included; I was a bit reluctant to try this method when I came across your article but decided to go ahead and do it. I am so in love with it and it worked like a charm!

I have used Apple Cedar Juice since ACME didn’t have Apple Juice! I followed your instructions to the letter. Drinking the Apple Cedar quantity was a bit too much for me but I was determined to follow the recipe! The Epsom Salt tasted nasty and left me bloated all night! I couldn’t wait to fall asleep!

This morning I am still a bit drowsy with an unhappy stomach since I have never drink that much water with Epsom salt nor the Olive Oil and Lemon Juice. I did pass A LOT of green stones different sizes and shapes from my Gallbladder. I took pictures for memories :-).

I will perhaps do this every year if you think it is safe! I am healthy and active and can’t imagine that quantity comes back any time soon!

Thank you again Dina-Marie for all this valuable info. God Bless You!!!!

John

21. Tammy says

Dina-Marie,
    Hello, I just found out yesterday that I have gallstones in my gallbladder after having an ultrasound done last Thursday. I am hoping I can do this cleanse & it will work. So you can use any brand of apple juice as long as its unsweetened? Can u drink it by itself or better with a meal? Also does it matter what kind of olive oil to use & is it best to use real lemons or can u just use regular lemon juice in a bottle at the stores? I fear surgery & any kind of advice you can give me will help. They are quick to set me up with a surgeon but she scared me by saying if I get in pain worse than I already am to go to the ER because my organs can get inflamed & infected :/ I have also been having a lot of pain on my left side along with my right side too so I don’t know if gallstones cause pain on left side too or not! Thank you for any info you can give me. She also wanted to set me up for another test to see if my bile is getting blocked or something? I couldn’t understand what she meant. I thought that is what the ultrasound was for! Thanks in advance! Tammy!

• says

Tammy, you can drink any brand applejuice and I haven’t worried about whether it was with a meal or not – just so you drink it. I normally keep virgin olive oil and use it. I have used fresh and bottled lemon juice but I normally use bottled because that is what I have on hand. I have found that as soon as I start drinking the apple juice, the pain subsides so I hope it helps you too – let me know!

• Tammy says

Hello, I started the apple juice yesterday, my husband got be the Motts 100 % juice no sugar added but its from concentrate? Not sure if that matters or not. So far all that has happened is it is causing a lot of diarrhea already even without the Epsom salt yet. It sure is a lot of apple juice to consume in just a day. I have a lot of pain in my left side also which I have not seen anybody ever mention having pain in left side also? So not sure its related to gallstones but they did say my ultrasound showed up gallstones. I can barely eat at all. My stomach feels so bloated & rumbling a lot. Also we got store brand Extra Virgin Olive Oil? I hope that’s ok, but is there anyway to make this process shorter than having to wait almost a week? Thanks for your time & anymore info you may have. Also my 1st blood tests showed my levels of potassium were high but when I did a retest a few days later she said they came back fine but I was having chest pains bad yesterday I am not sure if its due to the potassium in the apple juice or what ? I don’t know what blood test to believe at this point! Thank you again!

• says

Tammy, the apple juice will help soften the stones making them easier to pass. It sounds like you are doing the cleanse right. I’m not sure about the potassium in the apple juice, though – sorry!

• Tammy says

Thank you for replying Dina- Marie, I am on my 5th day & a little nervous about tomorrow to see what the outcome is, I sure hope it helps & it is a positive one. Is there any way we can change the times up if we stay up longer than 10 pm? Like can we do it at 8/ 10 & midnight? Also some people say lay on your right side & some people say flat on your back? Does that make a difference? Also I am afraid the Epsom salt wil hit me not long after I take it, it always has in the past & I also get up a time or too to urinate at night will this be a problem? PLease respond as soon as you can because I will be on the last step tomorrow night! Thank you in advance! Take Care!

• says

Tammy, I have had the Epsom salt hit me quickly and then wait till morning. Don’t worry about getting up in the night, I do too and it has not had an adverse effect. I have been on my right side for comfort and even on my back – I really don’t think it matters.

22. Katcheluc says

Well I’m happy to say it’s worked for me! Thank you so much! This morning I passed about 50 stones. I did wake up about 6am feeling nauseous and was sick, but felt fine after that. I think that was just the olive oil being quite heavy on the stomach. I’m absolutely amazed! I was due to have surgery in a few months, but I’m hoping to avoid that by doing this. I’ve kept some of the stones to show my doctor

23. Karen Ehlers says

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! Somehow, magically, this cleanse appeared in my Pinterest feed while I was having disastrous results with doctors and all wanting to take out my gallbladder for one small stone.
    I’m starting this tomorrow and I’m eager to get rid of it.
    You’re an angel!

24. Jeevanjot kaur says

Dina-Marie: Hello Mam… just gone through your page. Even i got diagnosed a 2 gallstones ov 11mm and 12 mm. i dint take it seriously though i use to get pain below my ribs right side of upper abdomen during jogging. But yesterday first time i got a svere attack for like 1 an hour of damn svere pain in the upper right abdomen. it was like hell to tolerate and about to die situation. Even my parents got shocked, i had 1 painkiller bt it continued to pain, then my mom placed hot water bottle on my upper abdomen and i got a relief instantly after few minutes… Bt i wz nt able to sleep even yesterday thinking about it because many people said i ll have to go through an operation for this. i hv been searching for some other way out since yesterday n found your article… am definitely gonna try this from tommorrow once i gather all the ingredients today… hoping for a miracle to happen :(
    ThnQ soo mch…will post my results if i get any…fingers crossed!

• says

Leslie, I would be concerned about the sugar in the apple juice for diabetics. I have done the cleanse without the apple juice but do not advise it for others because the stones do not get softened as they do with the apple juice – you run the potential for a greater risk for a stone to become stuck.

25. Rachel says

What kind of apples should be
    used for the apple juice? There are so many different types of apples varying in acidity and sweetness, so I assume this makes a difference?

• sandra says

HELLO,

I have not been diagnosed w/gallstones but “sludge” via an ultrasound and do experience some of the symptoms mentioned by others. will the cleanse help with gallbladder sludge as well?

26. Jeevanjot kaur says

Hi Mam,
    Today was my first day, just wanted to confirm one thing as I am on my weight loss regimen, can I drink my green tea 3-4 times in a day while drinking apple juice in these days ? AND secondly can I go for jogging and other exercises that I used to do already? Please hlp me in knwing that. Waiting for ur revert…!
    Thanks in advance :)