Banana Bread with Almond Flour is perfect for the GAPS diet, Paleo diet and for those times when you want a gluten-free banana bread that tastes delicious!
With any special diet, adaptations have to be made when it comes to cooking and enjoying your favorite dishes.
That is true with the GAPS Diet which also follows:
- paleo diet or
- gluten-free lifeystyle
Let’s face it, there is just a limit to what you can do with everyday recipes that include grain, and gluten. But, that for me is a challenge and I love a challenge!
That is where Banana Bread made with Almond Flour came from. I love banana bread and I love to smell if baking. So, why not have a gluten-free banana bread that fits the GAPS diet?
Is Banana Bread with Almond Flour Healthy?
Healthy eating is important to nourish our bodies so it has the building blocks it needs for general health.
So, to answer the question, yes, Banana Bread with Almond Flour is healthy!
This gluten-free banana bread recipe is sweetened with honey and I like to use raw honey for its enzymes and other health benefits.
Almond flour is low in carbs and packed with vitamins. This is quite different and better from the traditional banana bread that has lots of saturated fats and sugar.
Bananas benefit the body in many ways. Be sure to check out 7 Health Benefits of Bananas to find specifics but here are just a few:
- moderates blood sugar levels
- give the body vitamins and minerals required to build antioxidants
- improves the digestive system
- supports heart health
- aids weight loss
Other Recipes with Bananas
I love buying bananas on sale and freezing them for use later. Here are a few of my favorite recipes that include bananas:
- Chocolate Covered Bananas
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- Orange Fruit Dip Recipe – This is delicious to dip your bananas into and makes a spectacular centerpiece!
Top Tips for Making Banana Bread with Almond Flour
Here are my top tips for making this recipe:
- Get the best taste and texture by using only very ripe bananas. You’ll want a soft and flavored filled bread, and it’s only those black speckled bananas that can give it to you. So, start saving up your leftover bananas.
- Have frozen bananas saved in the freezer? You need to thaw them before mashing. Thawing frozen banana before mashing makes the mashing process easier.
- Blend the batter just until smooth. Under mixing or over mixing can cause a banana bread bad day.
Are Nuts Optional in Banana Bread?
Yes, but they definitely add a little something extra!
They make it crunchy and add flavor. You can even sprinkle them on top for a bit of garnish.
Not a fan of nuts or are allergic? No problem, just leave them out!
How Long Does it Take to Make GAPS Banana Bread with Almond Flour?
This is an easy bread to make and can be mixed in one bowl. I call these types of recipes a one bowl wonder!
It only takes about 5 mins to mix it all up and then the hard part – impatiently waiting for 1 hour while it bakes.
If you’ve tried Gaps Banana Bread with Almond Flour or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and YouTube.
Perfect for the GAPS diet, Paleo diet and for those times when you want a gluten-free banana bread that tastes delicious!
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth using a hand mixer or whisk.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan or loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick can be inserted into the center and comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool completely before removing from the pan.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How do you enjoy Banana Bread with Almond Flour – plain or with butter?
Leave a comment – I would love to know!