Easy Broccoli Casserole with either fresh broccoli or frozen broccoli is one of my mother's recipes that is definitely a family favorite. So easy and comforting!
Broccoli has gotten an undeserved bum wrap! After all, it really does taste good. But for some reason, children do not gravitate toward it. I am not sure why either!
Broccoli has always been one of those "play" foods in our house. I mean, we have joked about broccoli and especially fresh steamed broccoli resembling trees or bushes. "Who can eat their trees first?" or "Who can make their trees stand up?
So, I am just not sure why broccoli is such an unpopular vegetable!
This Easy Broccoli Casserole Is A Family Favorite
Broccoli is a vegetable my mother served when I was young. In fact, this Easy Broccoli Casserole with Nuts is one of my mother's recipes that was only served at Thanksgiving and Christmas times. We always looked forward to it.
Easy Broccoli Casserole was just one of those traditions that was not questioned.
So, I have tried to make the this Easy Broccoli Casserole recipe the same in my home - a tradition and it has definitely become a family favorite.
I try to reserve it for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner but often the children will ask for the recipe to be made as part of their birthday meal.
Oh, and another nice thing about the recipe, it can easily be doubled, tripled or even more for entertaining.
Easy Broccoli Casserole Step by Step
Tips For Making This Easy Casserole:
- You can use homemade cream of mushroom soup to make this even healthier and more delicious
- Any chopped nuts will do for this casserole
- Use a good strong melting cheese such as sharp cheddar, gruyere or fontina cheese
- Here's a recipe for homemade mayo that would work great in this recipe.
If you’ve tried this easy broccoli casserole or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER.
Easy Broccoli Casserole
- Cook broccoli according to package directions and drain.
- Add soup, mayo, chopped nuts and mix well.
- Add beaten eggs and onions.
- Pour into a greased 2 qt casserole.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 30 min.