This Teriyaki Chicken Burgers Recipe uses my Homemade Teriyaki Sauce sweetened with honey for a delicious flavor. Of course, store bought may also be used!
Why chicken burgers rather than hamburgers? Well, when chicken breasts are on sale, it is a matter of budget and variety.
We grow our own grass fed beef so, hamburgers are definitely cheaper. But, sometimes we like other meats and I like to have variety in our diet. Chicken burgers are different and with this Teriyaki Chicken Burgers recipe they are especially delicious!
Tips for Making this Chicken Burgers Recipe
- When chicken breasts are on sale, stock up and freeze them
- Store bought teriyaki sauce may be substituted for the homemade teriyaki sauce if desired.
- Don't care for Swiss cheese? Use your favorite cheese on top - cheddar is also good!
- Homemade buns are delicious - try sourdough bread bowls and make them into buns or whole wheat buns.
Teriyaki Chicken Burgers Step by Step
- Marinate chicken for at least 1 hour or overnight with ½ cup of homemade teriyaki sauce. Photo 1
- Grill on low heat for 20-25 minutes or until internal temp is 165 degrees. Photo 2
- Place grilled chicken breast on buns with cheese, pineapple, more teriyaki sauce and mayo on the inside of the bun. Photo 3
- Wrap burger in foil and place back on the grill for 5-8 minutes to warm the pineapple, bun and melt the cheese. Photo 4
- When heated, open bun and add lettuce and tomatoe if desired. Photo 5 - 6
Take a minute!
If you’ve tried this Chicken Burgers Recipe or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER.
Teriyaki Chicken Burgers Recipe
Marinate your chicken breasts overnight with ½ cup of your teriyaki sauce.
Grill on low heat for 20-25 minutes or until internal temp is 165 degrees.
Spread more teriyaki sauce and mayo on the inside of buns.
Place cooked chicken breast on buns and top with cheese and pineapple
Wrap the burger in foil - place back on the grill for 5-8 minutes to warm the pineapple, bun and melt the cheese.
Once done, open and add lettuce and tomato to your burger if desired.
Store bought teriyaki sauce may be used for ease.
Other Teriyaki Recipes: