This Teriyaki Chicken Burgers Recipe uses my Homemade Teriyaki Sauce sweetened with honey for a delicious flavor. Of course, store bought may also be used!
Why chicken burgers rather than hamburgers? Well, when chicken breasts are on sale, it is a matter of budget and variety.
We grow our own grass fed beef so, hamburgers are definitely cheaper. But, sometimes we like other meats and I like to have variety in our diet. Chicken burgers are different and with this Teriyaki Chicken Burgers recipe they are especially delicious!
Tips for Making this Chicken Burgers Recipe
- When chicken breasts are on sale, stock up and freeze them
- Store bought teriyaki sauce may be substituted for the homemade teriyaki sauce if desired.
- Don't care for Swiss cheese? Use your favorite cheese on top - cheddar is also good!
- Homemade buns are delicious - try sourdough bread bowls and make them into buns or whole wheat buns.
Teriyaki Chicken Burgers Step by Step
- Marinate chicken for at least 1 hour or overnight with 1/2 cup of homemade teriyaki sauce. Photo 1
- Grill on low heat for 20-25 minutes or until internal temp is 165 degrees. Photo 2
- Place grilled chicken breast on buns with cheese, pineapple, more teriyaki sauce and mayo on the inside of the bun. Photo 3
- Wrap burger in foil and place back on the grill for 5-8 minutes to warm the pineapple, bun and melt the cheese. Photo 4
- When heated, open bun and add lettuce and tomatoe if desired. Photo 5 - 6
Take a minute!
If you’ve tried this Chicken Burgers Recipe or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER.
Teriyaki Chicken Burgers Recipe
- Marinate your chicken breasts overnight with 1/2 cup of your teriyaki sauce.
- Grill on low heat for 20-25 minutes or until internal temp is 165 degrees.
- Spread more teriyaki sauce and mayo on the inside of buns.
- Place cooked chicken breast on buns and top with cheese and pineapple
- Wrap the burger in foil - place back on the grill for 5-8 minutes to warm the pineapple, bun and melt the cheese.
- Once done, open and add lettuce and tomato to your burger if desired.
Other Teriyaki Recipes: