I love the soft feeling my skin has when it is nourished and moisturized! This Whipped Body Butter Recipe does just that, is super easy to make and makes great gifts!
Using oils that are good for you and for your skin, this Whipped Body Butter Recipe is a win-win as far as DIY recipes go!
With four different oils, I love the way whipped body butter goes on. The oils used are Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil and Olive Oil. Each of these can be found easily at local stores or online.
One thing I love about DIY recipes is that not only are they good for you without the unnecessary ingredients found in the store bought versions, they are normally economical too! This DIY Body Butter recipe is one of those recipes!
Whipped Body Butter Video
Tips for Making This Whipped Body Butter Recipe:
- Because coconut oil becomes liquid between at temperatures above about 75F. So, if your home stays above 75 degrees, it may soften and need to be kept in the refrigerator. But, it will stay whipped at a temperature lower than that.
- This recipe doubles well.
- Essential oils are completely optional in this recipe and it makes a great body butter without them.
Essential Oil Suggestions:
Using essential oils is completely optional and many times, I do not add them.
Any essential oils may be used but here are a few suggestions - the sky is the limit!
- Peppermint - invigorating
- Lavender - calming
- Citrus flavors - uplifting
Whipped Body Butter Step by Step
- In a medium pot, combine all ingredients. Photo 1
- Bring to medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients are melted. Photo 2
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Move to refrigerator and let cool for 1 hour or until starting to harden but still somewhat soft. Photo 3
- Remove from fridge and add essential oils (if using) before whipping. Use a hand mixer to whip for 10 min. until fluffy. Photo 4
- Return to refrigerator for 10-15 min. to set. Photo 5
- Store in a glass jar with a lid and use as you would a regular lotion or body butter. Photo 6
If you’ve tried this Whipped Body Butter Recipe or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER.
Whipped Body Butter Recipe
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Butter
- Coconut Oil
- Olive Oil
- In a medium pot, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients are melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Move to refrigerator and let cool for 1 hour or until starting to harden but still somewhat soft.
- Remove from fridge and add essential oils if using. Use a hand mixer to whip for 10 min. until fluffy.
- Return to refrigerator for 10-15 min. to set.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid and use as you would a regular lotion or body butter. If your home stays above 75 degrees, it may soften and need to be kept in the refrigerator, but it will stay whipped at a temperature lower than that.
Have you made DIY body butter before? Did you use essential oils and if so, which ones?
Not Into DIY or Making Your Own Whipped Body Butter?
Don't worry if you are not really into making your own DIY products because there is still a safe skincare and cosmetic option for you.
It is important to remember that just because products say "organic" does not mean they are safe.
Many have unnecessary ingredients, chemicals that are harmful and even hide behind the word "fragrance" so they can add unhealthy ingredients.
Since your skin is the largest organ of your body, and what is put on your skin can get into your blood stream quicker than the food you eat, "safe" is a keyword in skincare and cosmetics!
It is very important to use only safe, non-toxic, chemical free products on your skin.
The Body Butter in Citrus Momosa from Beautycounter is another must-have for those with dry skin. It contains shea butter and mongongo oil to hydrate and nourish, plus organic sunflower oil, aloe, and chamomile to soothe and smooth. This Body Butter is thick, rich and melts into skin being absorbed without leaving you feeling greasy.
The Body Oil in Citrus Rosemary Beautycounter is another effective product that leaves your skin soft and moisturized.
It is a blend of 13 botanical oils that absorb instantly and leaves your skin feeling silky soft. The scent is wonderfully invigorating yet subtle and has hints of grapefruit, sweet orange, and rosemary.
Leave a Reply