Who doesn’t love pizza?
I sure do!
Pizza and Pasta have been two of the most difficult things about the GAPS diet for me! Since the family has transitioned to a traditional diet, they eat properly prepared grain dishes (like pizza and pasta) that I can’t have!
I solved the pasta problem by using spaghetti squash and now I have a solution for the pizza!
Using almond flour (other nut flours will also work), the following recipe is easy enough to prepare right alongside the pizza I am preparing for the rest of the family. In fact, the last time, I doubled the batch and froze the leftovers!
I prepare my toppings beforehand by sauteing – onions, bell peppers, eggplant or just use your imagination – and browning the meat so that once my crust is formed on the pizza pan, I am ready to proceed with the toppings! I top mine first with tomato sauce, veggies and meat and finally homemade raw Swiss cheese on top.
In the following recipe, I have linked to products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend.
Grain Free Pizza Crust – GAPS!
2 pastured eggs
2 c. almond flour (where to buy)
2 tsp coconut oil (where to buy)
1/2 tsp salt (where to buy REAL salt)
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a mixing bowl – the dough will be sticky. If it is too sticky to form a ball, add additional almond flour by the tablespoon until a ball can be formed.
Grease a pizza pan or cookie sheet to hold about a 9″ pizza – you may also use parchment paper.
Place the formed ball of dough in the center of the pan. Oil your hands and press it out towards the edges until it is the thickness you want – I like it about 1/2 inch thick.
Top as desired and bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
For those of you going through pizza withdrawals while on the GAPS diet or a grain free diet, now you can stop depriving yourself!
If you are looking for organic non-irradiated herbs & spices to top your delicious pizza with, Click Here.
- 2 egg, preferably pastured
- 2 c. almond flour (where to buy)
- 2 tsp coconut oil (where to buy)
- ½ tsp salt
I buy all my real salt and spices from my affiliate partner, Mountain Rose Herbs, because of their superior quality. Their herbs & spices are organic, non-irradiated plus, I think they are more aromatic and full flavored than any others.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a mixing bowl - the dough will be sticky. If it is too sticky to form a ball, add additional almond flour by the tablespoon until a ball can be formed.
- Grease a pizza pan or cookie sheet to hold about a 9" pizza - you may also use parchment paper.
- Place the formed ball of dough in the center of the pan. Oil your hands and press it out towards the edges until it is the thickness you want - I like it about ½ inch thick.
- Top as desired and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.