Want a great frozen yogurt recipe? Black Cherry Frozen Yogurt is my all time favorite frozen yogurt flavor. Yes, others are also good, but this flavor is extra delicious and so easy to make at home.
And, while I enjoy bites of the various flavors, I rarely have a whole bowl of ice cream since I am slowly weaning off the GAPS diet and am still watching my sugar intake.
But, I do enjoy a whole bowl of frozen yogurt – sometimes I admit, I have 2 bowls!
My absolute favorite flavor (right now, anyway) is Black Cherry Frozen yogurt! It’s the frozen yogurt recipe I’m sharing with you today!
In fact, as a birthday surprise, the children threw a surprise party for me! And, they made this very recipe!
Children, spouses and grandchildren were here and we had a shrimp boil followed by 2 types of cheesecake (one of which was Sour Cream Cheesecake) and Black Cherry Frozen Yogurt – it was delicious to say the least!
With the heat of summer upon us, we now we have ice cream several times a week, so I like to mix it up and serve frozen yogurt too.
My secret to effortlessly making this frozen yogurt recipe or any ice cream, is our new ice cream maker purchased from my affiliate partner – a Cuisinart Pure Indulgence Ice Cream Maker.
Because of our family size, I bought two after last year’s grape harvest and everyone is enjoying them – mainly because I actually use them and we have ice cream and frozen yogurt frequently!
Frozen yogurt is just as easy as ice cream is to make and using homemade yogurt makes it even more economical and healthy.
If you have never made your own, check out the Making Yogurt Video in which I show you how easy making yogurt at home is.
Frozen Yogurt Has Health Benefits
Another plus to frozen yogurt is the probiotics in it. Did you know that many people who can not digest milk are able to digest yogurt? The probiotics in yogurt make it easy to digest and what a yummy way to add probiotics into your diet!
The following recipe for Black Cherry Frozen Yogurt yields frozen yogurt which is the consistency of soft serve ice cream.
For a more firm consistency, take the yogurt out of your maker and place in the freezer for 20 – 30 minutes.
If you do not eat it all at once, the remainder can be frozen but be sure to take it out and allow it to soften before eating it.
I like to let it soften and then mix it up with a spoon (or blender) and it tastes as good as it did right after it was made!
Since I purchased the Cuisinart Pure Indulgence Ice Cream Maker, I use it exclusively.
But the following recipe will work great in a traditional ice cream maker using ice and salt.
If you are using the Cuisinart maker, be sure not to fill the bowl any higher than 1/2 inch from the top since the volume expands as it mixes and freezes.
Tips For Making This Black Cherry Frozen Yogurt Recipe:
- Put the freezer bowl in the freezer the night before so it’s ready to use
- Any leftover frozen yogurt can be stored in an airtight container and frozen, remember to let it soften before serving
- If you don’t have cherries on hand any berries will do the trick
- This recipe yields frozen yogurt which is the consistency of soft serve ice cream – for a more firm consistency, take the yogurt out of the maker and place in the freezer for 20 – 30 minutes.
If you’ve tried this Black Cherry Frozen Yogurt or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER
The perfect summer treat!
- 6 c. yogurt
- 1 c. black cherries fresh or frozen - I used frozen
- 1 c. honey
- 1/2 tsp almond flavor
- Blend the yogurt, cherries, honey and almond flavoring in the blender.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and freeze according to directions.
For the Cuisinart Pure Indulgence Ice Cream Makers, be sure not to fill any higher than 1/2 inch from the top since the volume expands as it mixes and freezes.
Tips For Making Black Cherry Frozen Yogurt;
- Put the freezer bowl in the freezer the night before so it's ready to use
- Any leftover frozen yogurt can be stored in an airtight container and frozen, remember to let it soften before serving. mix with a spoon or blender for a smooth, soft serve texture.
- If you don't have cherries on hand any berries will do the trick
- This recipe yields frozen yogurt which is the consistency of soft serve ice cream - for a more firm consistency, take the yogurt out of the maker and place in the freezer for 20 - 30 minutes.
What is Your Favorite Thing About Frozen Treats?
Leave a comment, I would love to know!