Coffee Ice Cream is a favorite in our house. In fact, it is the new favorite ice cream recipe flavor! It's the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer's day.
Sweetened with honey and topped with chocolate chips, it is a winner of a recipe!
But, when you add coffee - now, you've got my number!
Our family loves ice cream! Especially when it is hot outside but, heat is not mandatory - ice cream is always in style!
The following ice cream recipe requires a bit more planning since the coffee should be made in time to cool down before adding it to the milk and cream mixture.
I have shared before that our family tradition for years had been to have ice cream every Sunday night. Everyone looked forward to it!
But, after last year's grape harvest, I bought from my affiliate partner, Amazon, two new Cuisinart Pure Indulgence Ice Cream Makers - each makes 2 quarts of ice cream without ice or salt!
There is no mess and ice cream is ready to eat in about 20 minutes! So, now we have ice cream much more frequently!
Homemade Coffee Ice Cream Is The Perfect Summer Treat
With the heat of summer upon us and working in the vineyard all day, no one has a big appetite at night.
So, we normally have a light snack meal - our main meal is midday.
It is just too hot (after working in the vineyard all afternoon) to have a big meal in the evening.
Of all the snacky nighttime meals we have, ice cream is the favorite!
The following ice cream recipe works well for a traditional ice cream maker which uses ice and salt but I use my Cuisinart Pure Indulgence Ice Cream Makers.
I just double the recipe to have enough for both makers!
I keep the freezer bowls in the freezer so they are ready anytime.
When I am ready to make my ice cream recipe or frozen yogurt (like Black Cherry) , I take the bowl out of the freezer, place it in the machine, add the mixing paddle, turn it on and pour in the mix.
In 20 minutes, our frozen treat is ready to eat - that's right, ice cream, without a mess, is ready in about 20 minutes!!
It is so easy, even our younger children can do it! I use it much more frequently than I did our old fashioned ice cream maker!
Can You Put Ice Cream in Coffee?
Maybe you woke up one day and you wanted your coffee to be a little different. Instead of coffee ice cream, you want to put ice cream in your coffee. Why not? Go for it!
Ice cream in coffee is actually really delicious.
And if you don't have creamer, you can use ice cream. This may be something that you actually enjoy doing on a regular basis. If you haven't done so, give it a try!
Does This Recipe Have Caffeine?
It's safe to say that if you're going to have coffee ice cream, it's going to have caffeine in it. Unless of course, you use decaffeinated coffee.
Since coffee naturally has caffeine in it, it's also going to remain in the coffee ice cream.
If you're eating this coffee ice cream late, you may want to be careful because it may have the same affects as coffee does on you!
This could even be a delicious treat you have in the morning. After all, it is full of good fats and all the healthy benefits of honey!
If you're looking for ways to spruce up your coffee in the mornings, this works great.
No Coffee Waste
Let's look at the big picture here. Recipes like this one helps us all! We can avoid wasting any delicious coffee!
Sounds like I am just giving myself an excuse to eat it - right ;)
So, the next time you've had enough traditional cup 'o Joe, just remember that you can make coffee ice cream. Using regular coffee, you're about to have an amazing treat.
Tips For Making Coffee Ice Cream
- Make sure the coffee is cold before adding it to the ice cream mixture.
- Place your freezer bowls in the freezer the night before so they are ready to use.
- Top with dark chocolate chips or even toss them through the ice cream near the end.
- Caramel sauce is always a good idea!
If you’ve tried this Coffee Ice Cream recipe or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER
Coffee Ice Cream
- 1 ½ c milk
- 1 c honey or raw sugar
- 4 c cream
- 1 ⅓ c espresso or strong coffee
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- Mix all ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- If using honey, you will need to warm it so it dissolves completely.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and freeze according to directions.
- For the Cuisinart Pure Indulgence Ice Cream Makers , be sure not to fill any higher than ½ inch from the top since the volume expands as it mixes and freezes.
- This recipe yield ice cream which is the consistency of soft serve ice cream - for a more firm consistency, take the ice cream out of the maker and place in the freezer for 20 - 30 minutes.
- For an added treat, top with chocolate or carob chips.
Tips For Making Coffee Ice Cream
- Make sure the coffee is cold before adding it to the ice cream mixture
- Place your freezer bowls in the freezer the night before so they are ready to use
- Tops with dark chocolate chips or even toss them through the ice cream near the end
- Caramel sauce can never go wrong either
Do You Add Chocolate Chips to Yours? How Do You Eat Yours?