Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti Recipe is one of those easy crockpot meals that only needs bread, salad or nothing at all to quickly have dinner on the table.
If you are like me, you are skeptical of cooking pasta in the crockpot. Trust me - this works like a charm! And, it saves getting another boiler dirty.
I love, love love a one pot meal - especially when it is this easy and delicious!
A crockpot, also known as slow cooker, is one of those kitchen appliances that every kitchen needs!
Talk about a lifesaver - for those hectic and busy days, nothing beats a good crockpot meal.
Be sure to check out my Easy Crockpot Meals page for everything you need to know about crockpot cooking and more great recipes!
Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti Recipe Step by Step
Add carrots, celery, onion, garlic, water, oregano, salt, black pepper and chicken to crockpot and stir. Photo 1
Cover with tomato sauce. Photo 2
Cover and cook on Low for 8 – 10 hours. Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred into pieces using 2 forks - switch slow cooker to High and place the chicken back. Not Shown
Break uncooked spaghetti in half and place in crock pot - Stir to separate the noodles and mix with sauce. Photo 3
Cover and cook for about 30 minutes (less amount for GF pasta, especially brown rice) or until pasta is cooked.
Sprinkle with cheese, serve hot. Photo 4
Tips for Making Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti
- Any pasta can be used for this recipe - gluten free, whole wheat, rice and regular.
- Be sure to give a quick stir to break up all the pasta noodles before covering it for the remaining cooking time.
- Any spaghetti sauce works well with this recipe so use your favorite.
While this recipe can be used completely on its own without any side dishes, here are a few suggestions if you want to add something more:
- Salad - A spring mix that is already washed and ready to eat is great! Or, here is one of my favorites - Feta with Toasted Pecans and Raisins
- If you want to learn to make your own salad dressings be sure to check out How to Make Salad Dressing. Other delicious dressing recipes to try are Green Goddess Dressing Recipe, Best Ever Homemade Ranch Dressing and Raisin Vinaigrette
- Bread - Of course, French bread is always a hit with spaghetti but, why not try sourdough bread or even Carrot Muffins.
How Long Does This Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti Recipe Last?
I store my crockpot chicken spaghetti leftovers in the refrigerator, in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
If it will be longer than 5 days before we will eat it, I freeze it in an airtight container for up to 4 months.
If you’ve tried this Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti Recipe or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube and TWITTER.
Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 large carrots diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves minced or 1 tp garlic powder
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti whole wheat
- Parmesan cheese grated (optional)
Add carrots, celery, onion, garlic, tomato sauce, water, oregano, salt, black pepper and chicken to crockpot and stir.
Cover ingredients in the crockpot with sauce.
Cover and cook on Low for 8 – 10 hours.
Remove chicken from the crockpot and shred into pieces using 2 forks.
Switch crockpot to High and place the chicken back in the crockpot.
Break uncooked spaghetti in half and place in crockpot.
Stir to separate the noodles and mix with sauce.
Cover and cook for about 30 minutes (less amount for GF pasta, especially brown rice) until pasta is cooked.
Sprinkle with cheese, serve hot.