Looking for a healthy chocolate-covered dip? This Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe is both delicious and healthy because it is made with coconut oil! Talk about an elegant yet incredibly simple sweet treat or snack. These can be served at special occasions and parties for a fuss-free appetizer or dessert.
I am a chocolate lover. And, anything covered in chocolate is better.
Inspired by Valentine's Day and wanting to do something special for the family, I went shopping fully intending to buy them all their own individual heart-shaped box of candy.
As I continued my shopping trip, I ended up in the produce section. Then, I spotted them - big beautiful strawberries! I think the red color caught my eye. So, I decided right then and there, that those strawberries needed some chocolate!
To make these chocolate-covered strawberries healthier I use coconut oil in the dipping chocolate.
- If your coconut oil is solid, heat in the microwave in 1-minute increments until liquid.
- Add the honey and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until creamy.
- Holding the leaves, dip the strawberry in the chocolate allowing it to drip slightly before placing the strawberry on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Let the chocolate harden (about 3 mins) and re-dip as desired.
- Leave in the fridge until ready to serve.
I dipped the strawberries three times for a thick layer and had chocolate left over - yeah!!! What I didn't eat, I saved for later.
There are so many things to dip in this healthy chocolate like chocolate-covered bananas, chocolate-covered pretzels, or even chocolate-covered bacon. To reheat your leftover chocolate, microwave in 30-second increments, stirring frequently until it is smooth and creamy again.
Or you can pour the leftover chocolate into a dish lined with parchment paper, refrigerate until firm and break it into pieces. What better way to get your daily coconut oil!
- Make sure your strawberries are dry before dipping so the chocolate sticks better.
- Coconut oil is liquid in temperatures above 76° F so, you will want to keep these chocolate-covered strawberries refrigerated until you are ready to serve them.
- Use an immersion blender to get a smooth and creamy dippable chocolate.
- Insert a toothpick into the top of the strawberry before dipping to get a better grip.
If you’ve tried these Chocolate Covered Strawberries or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube, and TWITTER.
Healthy Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 2 lbs strawberries
- 2 cup coconut oil at room temperature
- ⅔ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoon espresso
If your coconut oil is solid, heat in the microwave in 1 minute increments or on the stove top until it is liquid.
Add the honey and vanilla - mix well.
Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well - I use my immersion blender.
Holding each strawberry by the green leaves, dip into the chocolate and allow to drip slightly before placing it on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Allow the chocolate to dry and harden (about 3 mins) and re-dip as desired - I did three layers. You can refrigerate between layers if desired.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tip For Using Leftover Chocolate
I dipped the strawberries three times and had chocolate left over. What I didn't eat, I saved for later. Just pour the leftover into a dish lined with parchment paper, refrigerated until firm, and break into pieces.