Coconut Oil Chocolate Treats are a great way to add coconut oil to your diet! This chocolate recipe is just an easy way to add it because besides being easy to make it tastes so good!
I have been adding coconut oil before each meal – I try to remember before each meal but often forget except at breakfast!
I started taking coconut oil to increase my metabolism and help balance hormones. There’s lots of ways to consume coconut oil, but honestly, I had some trouble. I don’t use it for oil pulling, though a lot of my friends do.
But, since finding that I can make coconut oil chocolate and also coconut coffee, I don’t seem to have that problem anymore!
Plus, there’s more and more evidence emerging that eating chocolate in moderation can actually boost people’s health.
Put these two healthy things together…
A friend gave me a wonderful homemade gift – chocolate candy made with coconut oil. She had used a candy mold and they were so cute. Not only did they look good, they were delicious! And, the surprise was, there was a hint of spiciness to it! And, no, I did not share them with the children! 😉
Savoring them, I left them on the counter in the jar wrapped with a ribbon, just as they were given to me – it just made me feel special to look at them. What I forgot though, was that coconut oil turns to liquid at around 75F.
Guess what? The next day, I went to get a treat and they were all melted! Yes, it was a let down but it was short lived – it still tasted great. Only, now I ate it with a spoon! I guess I should have shared! 😉
I confess I am a wimp when it comes to hot spicy foods. It is a shame really, because my husband loves hot foods, in fact, the hotter the better for him. But these chocolates had just a hint of spice, not too much, just a slight zing.
Did I mention Coconut Oil Chocolate Treats are Healthy?
Coconut oil is a very healthy oil! It’s made from very wholesome ingredients, and wholesome versions of it can be found fairly easily. It’s made from the fatty part of the coconut. So you know people would be able to detect it if it was cut with something!
Regular intake of coconut oil:
- improves the body’s immune system and helps fight off viruses and bacteria
- helps stabilize blood sugar
- it helps stabilize hormone levels
- thyroid levels are boosted to increase metabolism, energy, and stamina
- improves digestion and helps absorb fat-soluble vitamins
- decreases cholesterol levels. Coconut oil has a saturated fat called lauric acid which has been shown to increases the good HDL cholesterol in the blood to help improve cholesterol ratio levels.
Now that we have a reason to indulge in such a delicious treat for our health’s sake, on to the coconut oil chocolate recipe!
Making your own candy? Why not! You control the ingredients and level of spice.
- Mix the coconut oil, honey and vanilla together.
- Blend in the remaining ingredients - sea salt. cinnamon, cocoa powder and cayenne if making the spicy option.
- Blend until light and fluffy.
- Pour into candy mold or parchment lined baking dish.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Store in the refrigerator to prevent melting.
Here are other coconut recipes you will enjoy:
- Coconut Flour Brownies
- Healthy Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Coconut Flour Biscuits
- Healthy Coconut Coffee
- Chocolate Covered Bananas
- Cracking Coconuts