If you are looking for Healthy Snack Recipes, I’ve got you covered with these 20 tempting healthy snack ideas. Plus I start off with a few bonuses for Healthy Homemade Snacks!
So, look no further – except to explore the delicious recipes that will fit any taste!
In my family, we really love to eat as healthy as possible. But that doesn’t mean that we don’t occasionally crave a snack or sweet treat! That’s why I love this list of 20 totally tempting Healthy Snack Recipes.
I go through spurts when I scour the internet for healthy snack ideas. Then again, there are times that I just keep in mind the 80/20 Rule and we indulge without feeling guilty!
Healthy Snack Recipes CAN Taste Good AND Be Easy to Make!
Even though we may tend to feel guilty when indulging in a treat, healthy snack ideas are around and they do not have to be hard to make!
The following list of recipes from other bloggers looking for healthier choices is proof!
There are delicious choices available. And, for just about any taste craving you or your family have. Each healthy snack idea on this list is for young and old and sure to please.
Healthy Homemade Snacks You May Have on Hand
Before I give the recipes from other bloggers around the web, don’t overlook healthy homemade snacks you may have on hand ready to use!
1. Smoothies and Popsicles
Made from our raw milk, homemade yogurt or kefir (see How to Make Yogurt or How to Make Kefir for instructions) is the base for my yogurt smoothies or kefir smoothies. These are not only a healthy homemade snacks but a fermented healthy snack – think probiotics!
You can even put yogurt into a small container and add fruit, honey and some nuts for a super quick snack. Simply add all the ingredients in layers in a small container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Cheese and Crackers
Another cultured or fermented food snack is easily made with cheese. We make our own cheeses using the raw milk from our family milk cow. This is often a light evening meal for us!
- A super quick cheese to make yourself is Mozzarella. Because it can be made in about 30 minutes, we make a lot of it to use up milk!
- Make your own crackers to go with cheese Homemade Wheat Thins. They are delicious and easy!
Keeping cut up vegetables in the refrigerator is another easy snack idea.
My children especially enjoy carrot sticks and several of them like celery sticks. Add some peanut butter as a dip and they all want it!
For a fermented variation, try Fermented Carrots which is also simple to prepare and feeds those healthy gut bacteria!
Dips for Veggies
4. Bread and Butter
I don’t think any of the children have ever turned down a snack of Whole Wheat Bread and butter!
For a cultured variation, try your hand at sourdough bread – I love the twang of it!
Don’t forget the butter! If you have never made your own homemade butter, I can’t tell you how easy it is and so light and fluffy – you are in for a treat!
Healthy Snack Recipes – Some Highlights
Kids are sure to love diving into some Frozen Yogurt cookies on a hot summer day.
If you get in the mood to bake, try whipping up a batch of Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies for a treat so sweet and delicious, no one will believe that they are healthy!
And for those chocolate cravings, you should definitely check out the recipe for Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Almonds, for the ultimate salty and sweet treat for adults with a cultured palate.
Completely addictive and delicious enough to share but, I promise I won’t blame you if you keep these all to yourself!
There’s always a place in life for snacks and treats – and with these healthy goodies, you can even feel good about them!
Healthy Snack Ideas: 20 Healthy Snack Recipes
- Homemade Granola Bars with Oats and Honey – Cultured Palate
- Easy Chocolate Truffles – Cultured Palate
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies – Cultured Palate
- Homemade Jello – Cultured Palate
- Homemade Trail Mix – Cultured Palate
- Parmesan Zucchini Crisps – Yellow Bliss Road
- Healthy Carrot Cake Oatmeal Snack Cake – Amy’s Healthy Baking
- Apple Slice Cookies – One Little Project
- Healthy Snack Bars – Bless This Mess
- Frozen Yogurt Cookies – Tastes of Lizzy T.
- Healthier Treat: Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Almonds – Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Crispy Sea Salt & Vinegar Cauliflower “Popcorn” – Blissful Basil
- Almond Coconut Granola Bars – Cookie and Kate
- Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies – Love to Be in the Kitchen
- Easy Homemade Fruit Roll Ups – Amanda’s Cookin’
- Healthy Snack: Almond Date Ball Recipe – Lolly Jane
- 5-Minute Candied Pecans – Amy’s Healthy Baking
- Yogurt-Dipped Cheerios Strawberries – The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Chickpea Snack Recipe – Sugar Free Mom
- Chocolate Cherry Almond Snack Bars – Sally’s Baking Addiction
What is Your Favorite Healthy Snack Recipe?
Leave a comment – I would love to know!