Fruits and vegetables are seasonal – they come and go.
But brownies – ahhh…
Brownies are ALWAYS in season!
Have you wanted a brownie recipe that turns out great every time and is quick to throw together?
I know, a box brownie does, right?
Don’t worry, I’m not judging! After all, I only used box brownie mixes for years. Homemade brownies always turned out dry when I made them or the recipe was so involved that it took too much time. But, not anymore!
As the name declares, these brownies NEVER fail! The original recipe was one I found in my recipe basket from my mother. With some tweaking, it now turns out perfect every time.
So, the next time you need a quick treat to take somewhere, or eat yourself, give the Never Fail Brownies recipe a try. Seriously, it takes me 10 minutes to get these in the oven! I know what you are thinking, but yes, I did time myself!
OK, so I might be a bit obsessive-compulsive but, I am always looking for ways to make tasks more efficient – what else does the mom of a large family have to do? Yes, a boxed brownie mix might be a little faster, but you also have all the unnecessary added ingredients in that convenient box!
I thought about comparing my timing in preparing a boxed brownie mix with the Never Fail Brownie recipe but no, I haven’t done it – yet! 😉 That really would be the mark of an obsessive person!
Brownies are a treat at our house but I have to admit, I love to eat the batter – shhhh, don’t tell the children! Talk about delicious! So, when you make the Never Fail Brownies, make sure to lick the beater. And the bowl. And your fingers!
Never Fail Brownies - Better than the Box!
Yield 24 or 48 brownies
To make 24:
- 1 c. butter, melted
- 2 c. sugar (sucanat or honey)
- 1/2 c. baking cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla (make your own!)
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. nuts, chopped
- powdered sugar (optional)
To make 48:
- 2 c. butter, melted
- 4 c. sugar (or honey)
- 1 c. baking cocoa
- 7 eggs
- 3 1/2 tsp vanilla (make your own!)
- 3 c. flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c. nuts, chopped
- powdered sugar (optional)
I buy all my real salt and spices from my affiliate partner Starwest Botanicals because of their superior quality. Their herbs & spices are organic, non-irradiated plus, I think they are more aromatic and full flavored than any others.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix flour, salt and nuts in a bowl and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, combine melted butter, sugar and baking cocoa.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until blended.
- Beat in flour, salt and nuts - mix well.
- Spread in a greased 9 x 13 (or if making 48 brownies use two 9 X 13 pans).
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes - until a fork comes out clean.
- While still warm, sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Cool completely before cutting.