Sour Cream Cheesecake is one of my all time favorite desserts! I love it topped with fruit – especially strawberries and blueberries.
After all, what can beat the smooth creaminess of Sour Cream Cheesecake?
Add a cup of coffee and it’s a win-win.
Now, if you have the idea that a cheesecake takes special talent to make – think again!
This Sour Cream Cheesecake recipe is super easy – even a beginner cook can make it successfully!
I have been inspired!
I like to jog on my mini-trampoline while watching a show on Netflix – it helps pass the time and I forget I am exercising!
Well, I finished all the Hawaii 5-0’s and started looking for something else and discovered the Great British Baking Show.
If you are not familiar with it, let me share a bit about it. The season starts with 13 bakers in a weekly competition. One is dismissed at the end of each week.
In the final episode of the season, 3 bakers remain. Throughout the season, each weekly competition consists of three challenges – a signature bake, a technical challenge and a show stopper.
Guidelines are given for each challenge – flavors and ingredients to be used. But, it is up to each baker as to how to do the baking.
One thing I have learned from watching the show is that having the right tools is important to the final presentation.
A spring-form pan makes all the difference in a cheesecake!
If made in a traditional pan, the crust of a cheesecake sticks and is difficult to remove. So, the final appearance is lacking!
I am going for Show Stoppers!
Wondering what the rest of the family thinks about this dessert, especially since there are so many boys in my family?
Let me answer this way: I normally make two cheesecakes at a time and they are both eaten completely – in one sitting!
That says it all – this is a definite winner!
- 1 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¾ c. sugar
- 2 c. sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- Grind cookies fine in a blender. You can also put them in a ziplock bag and roll them with a rolling pin.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Press into the bottom of a 9" spring-form pan.
- Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth with hand mixer.
- Add the sugar and sour cream and mix well.
- Add the eggs and vanilla - mix until smooth.
- Pour into the pan and smooth the top.
- Bake at 350F for 30 - 40 mins.
- Turn oven off and leave in oven 1 hour to set.
- Remove and chill in frig. until firm - about 3 -4 hours.