This chocolate cake recipe is the last chocolate cake you'll ever make! Chocolate Candy Bar Cake recipe makes an impressive cake without difficult preparation. The icing is made with cream cheese, frozen whipped topping to make it extra creamy, and your favorite candy bar. It's the perfect cake to serve on any occasion!
Chocolate cake is good. But, this Chocolate Candy Bar Cake is better!
Who doesn't love a good cake? Some of my favorites are Caramel Walnut Coffee Cake and these Lemon Tea Cakes, but this Chocolate Candy Bar Cake is quite possibly the best and last cake recipe you will need!
Now, "need" may not be the appropriate word when talking about a chocolate cake but you gotta try this recipe - I think you will agree that you "need" it!
I always start with the Lazy Woman's Chocolate Cake recipe as a base but if you are short on time, a chocolate cake mix works too.
Actually, I think I can have the Lazy Woman's Chocolate Cake recipe mixed up in almost the same amount of time as it takes to open a box and add eggs, oil, and water - but without the added preservatives! 😉
Please Note: While this recipe does not fall into the traditional foods category, there are times when we give in to our desire to eat and enjoy something sweet. I do reserve this recipe for special occasions as part of the 80/20 Rule, and, it is delicious!
- Add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and sugar to a bowl and mix on medium speed until creamy.
- Add whipped topping.
- Mix well until creamy and no lumps remain. Fold in 8 of the chopped candy bars, leaving 2 to add to the top for decoration.
- Spread the icing in between the layers and on the top and sides of the cake.
- Decorate the top with the remaining chopped candy bars, serve, and enjoy!
- Use your favorite chocolate candy bars to make this cake. Snickers, Reese's, and Butterfingers are some of my favorites to use.
- Let the cream cheese come to room temperature before mixing. This helps get a smooth and creamy icing for your chocolate cake.
- If you have trouble with your cakes sticking to the pan, cut up some parchment paper into a circle to fit in the bottom of your pan to prevent the cake from sticking.
- To keep the cake moist and fresh store it in the fridge and take it out an hour or two before serving.
- For an even more decadent dessert serve your Chocolate Candy Bar Cake with this Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream to really show off your baking skills.
If you’ve tried this Chocolate Candy Bar Cake or any other recipe on Cultured Palate please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YouTube, and TWITTER.
Chocolate Candy Bar Cake
- 1 recipe Lazy Woman's Chocolate Cake or chocolate cake mix
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup raw sugar
- 10 1.5 oz of your favorite candy bar
- 12 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
Preheat oven to 325 F
Prepare the Lazy Woman's Chocolate Cake or cake mix according to directions. Pour into 3 greased 8" round pans.
Bake at 325F for 20-25 min. or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool the cake in the pans for 10 min.
Remove from pans and cool completely.
Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and sugar at medium speed with mixer until creamy. Add whipped topping and mix well.
Chop 8 candy bars finely.
Add candy bars to cream cheese mixture
Spread icing between layers and on the top and sides.
Chop the remaining 2 candy bars and sprinkle over the top of the cake.
Serve and Enjoy!
- Choose your favorite candy bars to make this recipe
- It's a great cake to serve at birthdays or special occasions
Yum! I will need to try this out for one of our bible study nights.
Thank you for sharing!
Blessings & Aloha!
VERY GOOD I HAVE MADE SEVERAL TIMES
Kilgore, I am so glad you enjoy it and thanks for taking the time to let me know - what an encouragment!
Sherrell Smith says
I have been making this cake since late 1990's...I found it in a Southern Living magazine... It's been made I'm sure 100's of times thru the years... Friends family and church functions have all raved about this cake...
Sherrell, that is amazing because it is a recipe my mom had handwritten in her recipe box from years ago!
Sherrell Smith says
Love this cake... Shared many times thru the years.... Original recipe from Southern Living magazine...
Sherrell, that is amazing! My mother had this recipe handwritten in her recipe box from years ago!